Learn what recommendations you should follow when you're starting your adventure with our script. The following advices come from 10 years of our work with webmasters. So read all of it carefully, this may help you avoid several often made mistakes.
A few questions for the beginning
Be honest with yourself and answer a few questions, then depending on your answer, read our comment.
- Do you know HTML and CSS languages well?
- Yes - great. Our system (script) is famous for its simplicity of modification and use, so you will be able to handle it. Go to the next question.
- No - find a friend, who will create the website for you. You can also uses more »the services our partners », who have been working with this for years and are trained by us, to keep their services to the highest standards. Without this knowledge you can't create a website. You can use other systems, but it won't be any easier.
There are ready to use templates for beginners, but we don't thinks it's a good solution. Better leave it to professionals. Unfortunately a cheap, cookie-cutter design will bring just as much profit and advertisement to the company. Our experience taught us, that couple hundred of Euros more can make a lot of difference. In 10 years of our work we've seen the tendency, that some people after several years decide they have to invest in expanding their website, and in most cases it was highly beneficial for them. By their own admission the previous years were wasted and showed little profit. The conclusion is simple: a professional website with a good graphics design, quality contents, and well optimized will get a high Google position and will interest a potential customer.
- Have you tested Quick.Cms v6.x (free edition)?
- Yes - that's very good. That means you know how the script works, how its code looks and you already know its basic advantages and more »drawbacks. Yes, it's true, we want to be honest and we admit, that our scripts also have flaws. We've even detailed these flaws in the additional information » section.
- No - download the free edition », and then come back to this description to find out what to do with it.
- Do you think that our system was designed for small websites?
- Yes - it used to be true, but it has changed some time ago. For several years we've been working closely with many webmasters, with who more »during training meetings and on the partners' forum we consult development of our systems. As a result Quick.Cms.Ext in the basic version was designed for a simple website. But thanks to dozens of carefully selected plugins, the system get's much more powerful. It can then manage large websites and news services. You can't believe it? We won't force anyone into believing, but take a moment and see some of the interesting projects » based on our scripts. A lot depends on the webmaster's skills. There are those, who create mainly simple websites, they make up the majority. But the second group of webmasters, who after participating in our training meetings got enough self confidence to create many of their own plugins. One of the partners chose our script to create the CRM Quick.Crm system », for web design companies management, which was already successfully implemented in several companies.
- No - this means you belong to the minority of people, who begin working with it and think alike. You won't create another bbc.com with this system more »but a decent-sized news portal - why not. Of course you can always create a small website, that's what the basic version of Quick.Cms.Ext was designed for. If was meant to meet the needs of simple websites. The system get's the power from plugins and your skills
- I don't know - get to know several the interesting projects » some of many implementations, many of which more »just can't be qualified as simple personal site. We work closely with many webmasters, who during training meetings and on the partners' forum we consult development of our systems. As a result Quick.Cms.Ext in the basic version was designed for a simple website. But thanks to dozens of carefully selected plugins, the system get's much more powerful. It can then manage large websites and news sites.