Below is an improvement for the HtmlMailOrderDetails plugin. Normally this plugin sends a html formatted order confirmation email to both the admin and the customer. This message is always from the email address you entered in your config (config/config.php).
This workaround shows the email with a user-friendly-name (i.e. Myshop) instead of firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, the subject for the admin and the customer is different.
Here are the instructions:
- Make a backup of your shop. - Download and Install the HtmlMailOrderDetails plugin and check whether it works. - Make a backup of your shop. - Open the language file (lang/en.php or your current language) and find the line below:
$lang['mail_title'] = 'New order';
Change this into the following 2 lines: --------------------------------------- $lang['mail_user_title'] = 'Order confirmation'; // subject for client mail $lang['mail_admin_title'] = 'New Order'; // subject for the admin mail
- Open plugins/HtmlMailOrderDetails/HtmlMailOrderDetails.php and locate the following code:
- Open templates/admin/preferences_form.tpl and locate the following line (this is the last line in an array):
,Array( "email", "email" )
Remove this line and make sure the rest of the array stays unchanged!
- Login to your QC admin console and change your email adress to:
Use your own shopname and email address ofcourse, and make sure the email address is in between the < and > brackets.
- Save your configuration and place an order in your own webshop. Check if everything works ok. Sometimes (depending on your e-mail client) the Html email is displayed as complete garbage. This is a known issue, I do not have a workaroud for that one yet and it is not caused by this workaround.
If it DOES NOT work, restore your previously made backup (you do have it don't you?)