How about allowing users to have a page ?

qwerious

2010-05-07 05:49

Please think about making a new feature to let users edit a their own page, I guess this would be a feature for a paid version.

It seems to me that there are two possible methods, either have a feature to only edit certain pages through their admin settings and therefore edit their page(s) through the admin backend or a feature to allow users to edit certain pages through their user setting page.

A feature like this would make QCMS useful for organizations where members could be able to edit their own profile page as well as business sites where only the super admin can edit certain pages.

What do you think?

» Quick.Cms v2.x

Kobejasi

2010-05-07 08:32

The paid version, you can set rights for individual administrators. We can assign to each party the right to edit or deny. The paid version users can edit their profile page.

http://www.walendowski.com

qwerious

2010-05-07 19:29

Hi Kobejasi. Thanks for getting back on this, but I'm not quite sure how that works. I had expected to need Ext paid version, but couldn't see how to make a member's profile publicly viewable or how to include any info other than the standard fields, but maybe you are talking about a mod?

What I'm looking to build is a small site for a local business group where members each have a page to showcase their own company.

Here's how I was intending to solve my problem for now using the Ext version:

Create a Member's only page with a form (that obviously only members can view) where they can send the admin their page content plus any images etc. That way the site admin would need to edit members pages, but the members have a secure'ish way to submit their own content. OK, maybe not as simple as what I was originally looking for, but it does impose some consistency as the site can be kept in order by only the admin editing, so not a bad thing :-)

However I do think my original query could be useful for the future.

beholder

2010-05-07 23:44

I don't want to be discouraging from QC, but there definitely could be better tools for this. For example, google sites has something to that nature.. Or some blogging or publishing software, where you can add editors who can edit only their own areas. QuickCart more of a webshop than anything else, not a publishing system. Although it is quite powerful with admins plugin.

beholder

2010-05-07 23:46

I meant QuickCMS of course.

about us | contact