Would forum be better with moe English posts?

qwerious

2010-06-27 10:57

I respect the origins of the programmers and the large Polish user base. But would this forum be better if more of the posts were in English?

I think everyone should benefit.

What do you think?

» Quick.Cms v2.x

boboo

2010-06-27 13:29

This depends only on 2 things:
1. Why sholud the polish users ask in english, if they can get the answer in the origin language - more understandly for the asking person;
2. I see, that a lot of questions are repeating in different languages, so maybe the SEARCHING ONE would be so nice and will translate his questions in few languages, of course after he researched the translated answers.

"everyone should benefit"
In this sentence "everyone" means: everyone, who understands english.

qwerious

2010-06-29 22:37

I was hoping to stimulate an intelligent conversation here that would benefit Quick.CMS - which is in my opinion the best flat-file CMS which should be a great global success...but here we are with no meaningful response, so I guess QED!

DarkSilver

2010-06-29 23:05

I was hoping to stimulate an intelligent conversation here 

To teraz dowalił XD Bo z Polakami inteligentnie się nie da porozmawiać?

Cinek.ck

2010-06-29 23:10

I will write in Polish.
Zgadzam się z "bobo", bo dlaczego miał bym się kontaktować z rodakami w obcym języku :). Ja jestem bardzo zadowolony że to forum jest w języku Polskim, ale jak zadasz pytanie w języku angielskim to opd. też dostaniesz, a jak są jakieś nie zrozumiałe posty to jest jeszcze http://translate.google.com/ .

lordofhares.com

pxl666

2010-06-30 08:14

well - if anyone needs - he or she asks politely and as i see ppl respond making translations...so i see no point here...

gwmbox

2010-07-16 17:04

To qwerious - your talking to a wall here. I agree though there should be a split of the forums, one in polish for polish users and another in english for english users.

However based on the sad responses you have got above this is the typical arrogance of the owners and devs of Quick.CMS and Quick.Cart that I have seen all too often, which is a real shame.

While I think their products are good they have no desire to show any good will and that continues today even with their still no update or upgrade policy. While they have explained to me on several occasions why this is I still think it is bad method and leaves a very negative opinion of them. For example I have a few clients that use Q.CMS or Q.Cart but are older versions. Now I KNOW there has been bug fixes since their versions but none of these are made available as a general good will gesture. Not even a greater discount for updates from previous versions.

I think the fact is that they are happy with their polish following and see no value in expanding to more english users.

This is their choice of course, it is just such a shame for what is quite a good product.

I also believe their remove link price is a bit steep....

gwmbox

2010-07-16 18:47

I should also add, if you are using Chrome and the Google translate plug-in/extension you can have it translated on the fly and read and understand most if not all polish posts.

Cheers

Namrur

2010-08-03 13:47

I agree with qwerious and gwmbox. It's strange what happens here.

Gwmbox, maybe you can read using google, but you can't ask.

I have found Quick.CMS has some majoar issue dealling with pictures.

After you attaching a picture to a page, you can't remove it without deleting it from the server. That is too bad for dinamic system, and causing me a lot of headaches, as well as some other small bugs i have reported regading pictures.

Support told me that this is the way this system is built...
I thought to use the forum for some solution, but i can see there is no one you can talk to here in English.

I wish i would checked this before.

about us | contact