Quick-Cart-Tek ---Modified Release

sublimenal

No avatar

2005-05-15 22:04

Hey guys, I had a project i had to do. you probally seen me asking around on the forums. I finished finally, I payed a programmer to make a few enhancments to quickcart for a ticket website i had to do. I am releasing these files to you guys for free since this was such a wonderfull opensource community. here are the changes in my version.

note: This is not a plugin, so if you have a already modified version of qc your screwed. This was modified off version 0.2.5

Quick-Cart-Tek

-----Paypal intergration-----
All orders are proccessed through paypal. You can change this if you want of course in the "orders_saved.tpl" The item names along with all the products you ordered are passed through the paypal "name" field

----inventory system-------
You can now set a inventory for a item, so if the item sells out your not stuck with a bunch of oversells. Once a item is sold out it will take away the shopping cart icon and on the "product_show" will have a little message saying that the product is sold out. The texts are editable in the langugage file

----View item name on admin/order_list.tpl ------
You can now view the item name on the admin order list, this is nice if you just have a big l ist to print out and dont want to go into each order to see what they ordered.

------View item name on paypal-----
Made a addition change so it passes what has been sold to paypal item name

--Fixed the telephone bug---
There was a bug where the telephone number wouldnt allow you to enter 555-666-7777 so now you can enter 555666777 555-666-777
and 555 666 777

Theres a few other changes with security and some other language changes, Some of the langugage files are still from my ticket site so you'll have to to change some of the language file.Have fun with it.

If you want to test it out go to
http://www.cape-tek.com/samples/quickcart-tek/

http://www.cape-tek.com/samples/quickcart-tek/admin.php
username: admin
password: admin

source:
http://www.cape-tek.com/samples/quickcart-tek/quickcart-tek.rar

good luck!

www.cape-tek.com

Mike Mike

No avatar

2005-05-16 09:40

Great work sublimental!

How does the inventory integration works? If product will SOLD OUT will it dissapear from the list? Are you willing to share this option to other users?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Mike

No avatar

2005-05-16 09:57

Thanks for shering this! Super!

Could you please explane how to emplement only the INVENTORY in the cart?

Bre

No avatar

2005-05-16 10:03

The telephone bug is still present. I can't pass the customer information.

sublimenal

No avatar

2005-05-16 16:32

THanks! Well.... like i said. This is not aplugin so i cant tell you which files to update. I had a programmer modify the wholle script so there is many changed files. But yes as you can see from the demo i posted the first and 2nd items are sold out. It takes away the shopping cart icon and also when you click on the item it displays a little message saying its sold out.

The telephone bug is fixed, But it must still be in this format
555-666-7777
555 666 7777

www.cape-tek.com

Mike Mike

No avatar

2005-05-18 10:23

sublimenal great! BUT!

You are in trouble if: For example there are only 5 tickets left, customer will order 7 tickets and your system will let him do it! Will you call this customer and tell him that he can get only 5 ticket? If he already payed with paypal, will you send the money back?

Of course this one in not the main problem, but if you want inventory to work perfectly you need to correct this one.

Mike Mike

No avatar

2005-05-23 11:30

sublimenal great! BUT!

When customer put the tickets in the basket (for example 10 tickets). Automatically you will see 10 ordered. If customer delete the ammount from the basket you will see - 10 ordered tickets.

BUT then customer put the 10 tickets in the basket and after will close the browser or go away to the other website. You will still see on your products page 10 ordered!

SO the inventory is not well gone to use it with limited stock. Any suggestions?

Greg

2006-02-18 20:34

anything new on this inventory issue?

ipodstock

No avatar

2006-02-19 02:40

Inventory control should become a major plugin. Wizzud could probably do something with this very quickly.

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-19 12:05

Stock control is not simple, as the discussion in this previous topic shows ...

Andr2005ru

No avatar

2006-02-27 17:14

sublimenal >> Hi! How to integrate your corrections in 1.2 version?
Thank you!

ipodstock

No avatar

2006-02-27 19:43

Wizzud, since you know the cart system so well... couldn't you just take the pieces from subliminel's code and create a plugin for the rest of us??

turnings

No avatar

2006-07-20 05:23

This is handled in other carts using the Paypal IPN.
No stock is subtracted until it is paid for.
Being in a basket is not enough to go on for stock control.
Even if sessions are created and saved, that can add a lot of junk data when no purchases are taking place.

SLawek

No avatar

2006-07-20 16:11

Hi sublimenal

do you have this SOLD OUT! in plugin?

turnings

No avatar

2006-07-23 22:36

I would like to see a plugin for inventory also.

kriskd

No avatar

2007-01-20 18:58

I just downloaded QuickCart 2.0. Does the inventory system as described in the original post included in this version?

marik

No avatar

2007-01-22 09:44

No it doesn´t

about us | contact