Quick.Cart v5.0-rc1 - NON STABLE version - released!

treewood (OpenSolution)

2012-02-21 09:30

New Quick.Cart v5.0 - release candidate 1.

You can get this version from download here:
http://opensolution.org/download/

You can test this version here:
http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/v5.0/

Changes in this version are here:
http://opensolution.org/download/Quick.Cart/changeLog.txt

If You will find bug, something unclear then write it here please!

1. THIS VERSION IS NOT STABLE!!! DON'T USE FOR COMMERCIAL USE,
2. Update script from Quick.Cart v4.2 to Quick.Cart v5.0 we will add after stable version will be released.
3. We dont know sure when stable version will be released. It depends from users and tests. Maybe in 1-2 weeks.
4. Bug fixes to v4.2 will be released soon

rzyber

2012-02-21 18:27

Wow. Wiedziałem, że nad tym pracujecie....

Fajna sprawa z tą galerią w produktach...bardzo fajny ten nowy szablon.

grzdak

2012-02-22 09:11

good work!
as I was considering upgrade my 3.2 version - I'll wait for stable 5.0 version
One thing I'm still missing : there really should be ssl certification functionality - safty and trust is top priority for e-shop - isn't it?

G

treewood (OpenSolution)

2012-02-22 13:32

grzdak - some servers have very easy ssl options. In server configuration for example you choose directory with ssl and you put whole script to this directory and problem is solved.

But if you want put only order form to ssl then there is needed to do some changes. But this problem is so rare then we didn't add this options script. If people not 1 or 2 will write about it then we will make some steps.

For now most peoples who want safe their shopping cart then put whole script to ssl directory...

grzdak

2012-02-22 15:32

treewood thanks for reply

I can put the whole shop under ssl certificate - it's easy and obvious, but it cause some serious problems:
- external links - when client open the page with any external link - FB window or even picture in other catalogue, he gets the warning that he is on the page which is not secure, dangerous and he needs to agree to download the certificate. I belive that 90% people are confuseing, don't know what to think about it and what to do and the run away from such domain
- problems with banners - they looping somehow

I belive the ssl should be adressed only for some pages - as you've mentioned - order form, loging, register etc...

Treewood - my intention is not to tease you - I like QC very much, I work with it few years and I wish you really all the best. Comparing with other platforms - QC have lots of advantages and from my perspective only two are missing now:
- easy ssl certification
- easy filtering / advance searching useing atrributes which are already in the script
I asses those two as 'must be' when I buy via internet

G

treewood (OpenSolution)

2012-02-22 19:46

grzdak - thanks for sugesstions. If we will see that more peoples want this then we will think about it. Now it is rare ...

kamyk-aka-kamikaze

2012-02-23 12:22

Czy można prosić ChangeLog po polsku?

kees

2012-02-23 15:22

Looks promising, but I am still missing a tax option in this new version.
Most shops need a vat field and the option to add or distract the tax from the price.
It should be fairly easy to have an optional tax rate in the admin and the corresponding fields in the templates for products, emails etc.
Please see if this can be included, I have been using three extended QC versions to full satisfaction for several years now but need a system with complete vat option.

kees

2012-02-23 15:27

Suggestion for attributes plugin in new extended version.
Please fix the problem with the availibility of products when attributes are used.
At the moment the items in stock and attributes are not compatible, cannot use both.

kees

2012-02-23 17:05

Suggestion for the plugins in new version:

The old plugin system where you could activate or deactivate plugins in the admin section.
Nowadays plugins seem to be more hacks then plugins and always involve hacking the source code.
A more sofisticated plugin system like we used to have in version 2 would be great.
Upgrading QC is a painstaking task if you have several modifications as in the plugins nowadays.

I also suggest that the plugins in the download section be checked for compatibility with extended versions.
Those of us who pay for the extended versions have no forum support , only the otherwise excellent email response from QC team.
Some plugins do not work well with extended and maybe therefore a members only forum part for extended versions would be appreciated. I also sometimes wish to modify qc ext. and have no platform to discuss the scripts and modifications.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2012-02-23 21:47

kees - thanks for suggestions. This forum is about freeware version then suggestions about paid version should be send us on email but ok let them be here now.

For Quick.Cms v4.0 we checked freeware plugins and change installation "how to" if there is no compability for Quick.Cms.Ext. For now in 2 plugins simpleNews and dropDownMenu we extended them with new functionality but it is only available for users of Quick.Cms.Ext. Users of freeware scripts use this script in only basic funcationality. Of course this plugins are not integrated in Quick.Cms.Ext ... this freeware plugins to paid script are available in download for users who bought legally paid scripts on our page. Users of this scripts must download plugin and install this it.

We have in plans do more freeware plugins for freeware and paid script (some of this plugins will be extended to paid edition) available to download.

We have in plans to make full DOCUMENTATION to paid scripts too ... but for now we need to test Quick.Cart v5.0-rc1 and release stable version.

This plugins, skins and documentation will be availabe soon in few months.

Peter_D

2012-02-24 20:19

HI, i see that "big jump" to sqlite was not get to live? ;)

Peter_D

baron_jon

2012-02-25 10:40

Products filter by the category in admin panel would be welcome. This function was in v1 or v2.

boboo

2012-02-27 07:57

Bug:
function saveVariables (in common-admin.php)

Example (in general.php):
$config['sorting_products'] = true;
Admin panel works.
If I remove blanks around "=" (removing first blank is enough)
$config['sorting_products']=true;
Its value is shown, but impossible to save changes by this variable.

http://qc-plugins.kimla.de

boboo

2012-02-27 08:13

Removing blank from preg_match:
'/'.$sVariable."\['".$sKey."'\]".' /'
to:
'/'.$sVariable."\['".$sKey."'\]".'/'
saving works, but the whole entry:
$config['dir_skin'] = $config['dir_templates'].$config['skin'].'/';
will be deleted.
It seems that double $config in value makes the trouble.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2012-02-27 14:17

bug or not bug. You must have spaces if You want to save variables. Very rare situation. Not important problem i think.

I am very glad that bigger bugs are not found :)

kees

2012-02-28 13:49

Agree with baron_jon, Products filter by the category in admin panel is a must.

Why did you deprecate the two column layout?
It is better to have the option of one, two or three columns.
Positioning of images is now limited again, no more left right top and bottom.

Please do not take such options away if it is not essential. This makes upgrading a shop more complicated.

Suggestion for several stylesheets > rewrite the stylesheet and place the images in a seperate folder, the downloadable styles now overwrite the original images so only one style can be installed.

boboo

2012-02-28 14:48

kees wrote:
"Positioning of images is now limited again, no more left right top and bottom."

I know the Q.Cart since its version 3.x
It was 'always' only left and right to choose.

kees

2012-02-28 15:56

boboo > I am using qc 4 ext and have the four different options of image positioning and am happy with it. Do not understand why you do not have the options, but probably you are using a different version.
Wouldnt like to loose this image positioning option and two columns because it enhances flexibility in the layout.

Using qc since version 2 but had problems in the past with loosing functionalities in upgrades.
Otherwise an excelent program, specially if you choose to pay the small amount for the extended versions, but keep good working functions in upgrades.

A new qc 5 extended trial version would be interesting as well.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2012-02-28 16:06

kees - this topic is about freeware version. In other topic you added i said to you that this forum is about freeware version.
Please all You suggestions about paid version etc write on our email.

about us | contact