How to change to catalog with quote request and no prices

paulmac

No avatar

2009-01-03 07:47

Anyone wanting to run Quick Cart as a Catalog only with no pricing, but the ability to add items to the basket then request a quote, here's how;

You need to edit 5 files in your /templates folder.
pages_default.tpl
orders_print.tpl
orders_form.tpl
orders_basket.tpl
products_default.tpl

** pages_default.tpl **
line 64;

<!-- BEGIN PRODUCTS_PRICE --><div class="price"><em>$lang[Price]:</em><strong>$aData[sPrice]</strong><span >$config[currency_symbol]</span></div><!-- END PRODUCTS_PRICE -->

change to;

<!-- BEGIN PRODUCTS_PRICE --><div class="price"><em>$lang[Price]:</em><strong>Quote</strong><span>$conf ig[currency_symbol]</span></div><!-- END PRODUCTS_PRICE -->

** orders_print.tpl **
line 33;

<td class="price">$aData[sPrice]</td>

change to;

<td class="price">Quote</td>

line 35;

<td class="summary">$aData[sSummary]</td>

change to;

<td class="summary">Quote</td>

line 52;

<td>$aData[sProductsSummary]</td>

change to;

<td>Quote</td>

line 60;
<td id="orderSummary">$aData[sOrderSummary]</td>
change to;

<td id="orderSummary">Quote</td>[/php]

orders_form.tpl **

line 73;
[
php]$aData[sPrice][/php]
change to;
[
php]Quote[/php]

line 79;
[
php]$aData[sSummary][/php]
change to;
[
php]Quote[/php]

line 114;
[
php]$aData[sProductsSummary][/php]
change to;
[
php]Quote[/php]

line 130;
[
change to;
[
php]Quote[/php]

orders_basket.tpl
line 7
;
[
php]$aData[sPrice][/php]
change to;
[
php]Quote[/php]

line 13;
[
php]$aData[sSummary][/php]
change to;
[
php]Quote[/php]

line 57;
[
change to;
[
php]Quote[/php]

products_default.tpl
line 43
;
[
php]<!-- BEGIN PRICE --><div id="price"><em>$lang['Price']:</em><strong id="priceValue">$aData[sPrice]</strong><span>$config[currency_symbol]</span></ div><!-- END PRICE -->[/php]
change to;
[
php]<!-- BEGIN PRICE --><div id="price"><em>$lang['Price']:</em><strong id="priceValue">Quote</strong><span>$config[currency_symbol]</span></div><!- - END PRICE -->[/php]

Now anywhere there was a price beforethere's the word quote(or whatever you want) only thing that's not changed is the email thats sent to youso if you have prices entered into the 
cart
they will show up on your emailbut nowhere else.<br

/>
Hope this helps someone!

» Quick.Cart v3.x

paulmac

No avatar

2009-01-03 07:55

whoops! missed a php tag somewhere! Could the moderator delete this post so I can repost, as I can't edit and the missing php tag has added heaps of &nbsp; which may confuse some people.

Or if the moderator could add the missing php for me that would be much appreciated.

Sorry!

Didier31

2009-01-03 10:25

Paul, I am working on creating a users forum on Quick Cart (in English) for precisely this, being able to edit posts, create categories, etc. and separate english topics from polish topics.

Stay tuned.

paulmac

No avatar

2009-01-03 11:09

Didier31, sounds good! If the moderator can't delete/edit my post I'll repost the corrected version.

beholder

2009-01-03 12:39

Didier, please don't! this could make supporting the software worse, because of dillution of users. Have you thought about that?

paulmac

No avatar

2009-01-03 13:27

*REPOST*

hopefully all tags are correct this time!

Anyone wanting to run Quick Cart as a Catalogue only with no pricing, but the ability to add items to the basket then request a quote, here's how;

You need to edit 5 files in your /templates folder.
pages_default.tpl
orders_print.tpl
orders_form.tpl
orders_basket.tpl
products_default.tpl

**** pages_default.tpl ****
line 64;

<!-- BEGIN PRODUCTS_PRICE --><div class="price"><em>$lang[Price]:</em><strong>$aData[sPrice]</strong><span >$config[currency_symbol]</span></div><!-- END PRODUCTS_PRICE -->

change to;

<!-- BEGIN PRODUCTS_PRICE --><div class="price"><em>$lang[Price]:</em><strong>Quote</strong><span>$conf ig[currency_symbol]</span></div><!-- END PRODUCTS_PRICE -->

**** orders_print.tpl ****
line 33;

<td class="price">$aData[sPrice]</td>

change to;

<td class="price">Quote</td>

line 35;

<td class="summary">$aData[sSummary]</td>

change to;

<td class="summary">Quote</td>

line 52;

<td>$aData[sProductsSummary]</td>

change to;

<td>Quote</td>

line 56;

<td id="carrierCost">$aOrder[sPaymentCarrierPrice]</td>

change to;

<td id="carrierCost">Quote</td>

line 60;

<td id="orderSummary">$aData[sOrderSummary]</td>

change to;

<td id="orderSummary">Quote</td>

**** orders_form.tpl ****

line 73;

$aData[sPrice]

change to;

line 79;

$aData[sSummary]

change to;

line 114;

$aData[sProductsSummary]

change to;

line 122;
change

to

line 130;

$aData[sProductsSummary]

change to;

line 164;

<td><input type="radio" name="sPaymentCarrier" value="$aData[iCarrier];$aData[iPayment];$aData[fPaymentCarrierPrice]" onclick="countCarrierPrice( this )" alt="radio;$lang['Select_delivery_and_payment']" />$aData[sPaymentCarrierPrice]</td>

change to;

<td><input type="radio" name="sPaymentCarrier" value="$aData[iCarrier];$aData[iPayment];$aData[fPaymentCarrierPrice]" onclick="" alt="radio;$lang['Select_delivery_and_payment']" />$aData[sPaymentCarrierPrice]</td>

**** orders_basket.tpl ****
line 7;

$aData[sPrice]

change to;

line 13;

$aData[sSummary]

change to;

line 57;

$aData[sProductsSummary]

change to;

**** products_default.tpl ****
line 43;

<!-- BEGIN PRICE --><div id="price"><em>$lang['Price']:</em><strong id="priceValue">$aData[sPrice]</strong><span>$config[currency_symbol]</span></ div><!-- END PRICE -->

change to;

<!-- BEGIN PRICE --><div id="price"><em>$lang['Price']:</em><strong id="priceValue">Quote</strong><span>$config[currency_symbol]</span></div><!- - END PRICE -->

Now anywhere there was a price before, there's the word quote(or whatever you want) only thing that's not changed is the email that's sent to you, so if you have prices entered into the
cart, they will show up on your email, but nowhere else. Freight and payment charges should be set to $0.00 too.

Hope this helps someone! It's what I was looking for. :-)

Didier31

2009-01-03 16:46

beholder, let's continue this discussion in the topic I opened for that.

QC 3.2 EXT Fr customized de chez

beholder

2009-01-04 16:35

Paulmac: please try to repost without [ php ] [ / php ] tags. It would be sufficient for those that are looking for a solution.

closer01

No avatar

2009-04-20 17:42

when i try like this, it is written Quote ????
is this php code?

about us | contact