Add products once to diferente languages

antonionereu

2008-11-17 13:49

In QC3.0, i would like to have 5 languages; EN, PT, FR, DE and IT

If i add a product, for eg.. in EN page, the product won't appear in the other languages...

I will pay for a plugin or modification, which can able quick.cart 3, by adding a product once it makes "clones" to the other languages! in other words, to have only one database "products.php" instead of multiple databases LANGUAGE."_products.php"

So we could change it to the native language, later!

» Quick.Cart v3.x

António Nereu

beholder

2008-11-17 17:33

I could look into this, if opensolution guys are not interested, from preliminary overview of sources I see it shouldn't be that difficult that I could not do it.

len

2008-11-19 12:06

Hello antonionereu and beholder

I am very intrested in this solution so maybe we could split the cost for this plugin ?

greetings luke

antonionereu

2008-11-19 18:25

Hi..

Beholder.. so, you can do it??? how much will it cost??

Len... sure, why not?! :)

António Nereu

beholder

2008-11-20 00:07

it depends on how many days I spend working on it. One day of programming costs here 33 Euro. It does look like this particular solution would take 1 day of work.

But I am still waiting, if opensolution.org are not interested, I reckom treewood would have this done in about 1 hour. I'll wait till beginning of weekend and then I would look into it, if they are not interested.

It would be great if you could split costs, everyone gets it cheaper then (I don't care if I get paid for my time).

antonionereu

2008-11-20 18:31

Sure do.. i have confirmation that, opensoluction isn't interested in changing the core... so, i'll pay what you want..

Just name the way.. paypal for preference!!

regards

António Nereu

beholder

2008-11-20 20:31

allright, please write to my e-mail address, follow here:
http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=5238

beholder

2008-11-23 02:18

I think I've done this. I have multiple product writing to several language db files when a new product is created in one of them.
There is one possible requirement, the language shops should have the same products or at least no newly created product should have ID lower than the IDs of existing products in all shops.

Is this acceptable?

beholder

2008-11-23 03:42

so I re-checked the ID behavior when new product is added and found out that when you add a product (while multiple adding is on) to the language that has the highest number of products and therefore highest IDs, the product IDs get aligned across all languages -- and from that point on the products are synchronnously added with no problem.

antonionereu

2008-11-23 20:55

Beholder.. sure do...

I'll contact you right away!!7

Thx!

António Nereu

antonionereu

2008-11-23 21:07

Sorry beholder.. i'm trying to reach you, to the email indicated in your website.. but, no answer... it keeps saying that, "Delivery Status Notification" :(

please.. advise!

thx in advance!

António Nereu

beholder

2008-11-23 21:46

damn stupid e-mail, I'll change that pic so that it has another e-mail address there.

beholder

2008-11-23 21:53

done

beholder

2008-11-25 02:25

hey, this thing is ready, if anyone else needs it.

Emmmy

No avatar

2009-01-01 20:05

Helow, I would need plugin that would Add products once to diferente languages, how could i contact you? whou much would it cost?

beholder

2009-01-02 04:23

hi, please follow this link:
http://www.tigerware.sk/easyplugins/

Didier31

2009-01-02 07:13

add me to your Customers list :-)

26 years of DEC support, that was a wonderful job.

about us | contact