Using random product

Corez

No avatar

2005-03-05 18:08

I want use random product in other page then shop index page.
How i can get it work. I have trying include many files in that other page php code without sucsess. Enyone can help ?

Wizzud

No avatar

2005-03-06 11:05

As in step (6) of the RandomProduct Howto text document, all you need to do is add the '$sRandomProduct' variable into the template file where you want it to appear. the suggested file in the Howto is 'head.tpl', which would make it appear on every page in Quick.Cart. If you don't want it on every page, find the template file relevant to where you do want it, and put it in there!

Corez

No avatar

2005-03-08 19:46

I need to make it work in html/index.php and that qcart is in html/qcart/
Is there something what i miss ?

Wizzud

No avatar

2005-03-09 09:56

Yeah.
The plugin is for Quick.Cart! Its not designed to be used/run outside the Quick.Cart environment!
You're ging to have to write your own bit of code that calls into your Quick.Cart environment and returns the necessary HTML to your calling program.

pauluz

No avatar

2005-03-19 20:58

hi i put $sRandomProduct in categories_menu.tpl the 4th line you find the random image back above the catagories at the left row

succes

tpcss

No avatar

2005-10-30 11:38

Followed all steps twice over, not getting anything show up though?

Even if I put $sRandomProduct right underneath $sMenuCategories in head.tpl, nothing shows - not even an error.

What the hell I am missing :/

tpcss

No avatar

2005-10-30 12:33

Ooops - my bad :/

The products had no large or small image assigned. Once I did that, they started randomising...

teehee....

about us | contact