Farewell to all

idaryl

2008-08-01 04:25

Well, the time has come to bid thee all farewell...

I have participated in the forum and in the purchase of QC for over 3 years now - but - time to move on.. I have found a much more reasonable solution for my clients needs, a cart that supports 16 payment gateways - coupons - captcha on forms - complete inventory tracking & control - tax - currency - languages - featured items - similar items - poll - update total (on the fly) - rating - newsletter - ** live online support ** - support forum - unlimited products - unlimited categories - backup - upload and download capability - SEO - supports external pages - simple and advanced search - **live shipping rates from ALL major carriers** - email confirmation (with images) to customer/admin/any anyone else you want - Sales Tax - VAT Tax - Pay by Check/Online check/Money Order/Credit Card/paypal/Google/Authorise.net and 14 others

OK hows this for payment features:
2Checkout (v1 & v2)Amazon Payments (Simple Pay)Authorize.Net (AIM & SIM)BluePayCambistCommWebCyberSourceECHO (Electronic Clearing House)ePDQ (Barclaycard UK)eSelect Plus (by Moneris)eWayEzicFast ChargeGoemerchantGoogle CheckoutInnovative GatewayiTransactLinkPoint (API & Select)Merchant PartnersNOCHEXOptimal PaymentsOrbital (Chase Paymentech)Pay-Me-NowPayFusePaymatePayPal (Website Payments Pro & Standard, Payflow Pro and Payflow Link)PayPointUSAPaystation (New Zealand)PaySystems.comProtx (VSP Direct & VSP Form)PSiGateQuickCommerce ProSageSECPaySecurePaySkipjackStar ProcessingStrataPayTransaction CentralTransFirst ePayment ServicesTranzilaTrustCommerceUSAePayViaKlixWestpacWonderPayWorldPayYourPay

Mind you this is ALL "out of the box" - no extra hidden charges for this or for that - one fee - thats it!

I don't mind paying for a product that does what it's proported to do - but - to be expected to pay extras (over and over again is a little absurd *and then have the support have a "too busy-call a developer style" also extreme - and yes the OS guys have helped me out... but in my defense I did pay for it...

I have on more than one occasion supported other people here and in some cases had my efforts vilified - also tried to give the community a free "fat" style of 3.0 - somewhat like Claps, only to be again... vilified - strange that no-one says thanks for the extended paypal code, or the other stuff - no - I get my ass handed to me on a plate. I then start a site for templates (cartedit.com) thinking this is what they want or need (a french group do the same - but not really - they just readdress/changed the same old standard css and images - oooh very original) I create template with rounded corners, rotating images, contact forms with captcha - provide the source files - and what do I get -- yeah you guessed it - more vilification!!! - the emails I got were downright foul! However, the download link for the free 3.0 with plugins was hit like crazy! - So I guess its OK to tell me off, while grabbing my free stuff, ironic!

Anyway get it while you can because its going away soon... to be replaced by themes and skins for something else.

I suppose you are wondering how much the new cart is worth - $290.00 - with lifetime upgrades (free) and support - beats the hell out of the one I'm using now.

Believe it or not I actually liked it here I met some nice people - tried to get some online collaborations working - it's just the business practices - the mentality - and the overall lack of effort other than the basics that drives me to this point.

So, if you want more details - ask -- I'll be monitoring for a little longer - I expect the usual rounds of "flame" postings - what the hey, it's par for the course!

» Quick.Cart v3.x

idaryl

kennyn

No avatar

2008-08-01 04:39

Please let me know the cart name and where I can get some information on it. And how much it costs. Thank you. I am just looking at my options.

Kenny

idaryl

2008-08-01 05:00

Perfect example - the price is there -

idaryl

gwmbox

2008-08-02 15:05

idaryl - can you let me/us know what the other solution is - I'd be interested as well in looking at it

Sad to see you have had to go this way but understand it also

Cheers

about us | contact