Template over-rides

gwmbox

2008-07-30 09:31

May I make a suggestion for a future release which I think will be fairly easy to do and that is to use conditional over-ride templates... meaning...

I set up my own theme and call it mytheme.php

I then create a directory in the templates directory called mytheme. Within that I start to create replacement container.tpl and other tpl files. I also include an img directory if needed

The system has a setting where we can set the default template to use - I set it to mytheme

The system then uses the theme file mytheme.php as default.

Now when it loads pages it first checks the template folder mytheme to see if there is a container.tpl file, if there is it uses that, if not it then defaults back to the default template system. The same applies for all other tpl files.

All sounds simple enough and if I can find the time to learn a bit more php I may try it myself - don't hold your breath as I am a very novice php coder. I have found a work around for now but think this would be a great default addition to QC and also the Q.CMS as well.

Benefits are that as QC has updates the update may have edits of the default tpl files and they can be applied without altering your own tpl files, of course you may need to make adjustments to your own tpl files but it should be easy enough using winmerge to see what is different.

Cheers

» Quick.Cart v3.x

about us | contact