order id

ekid

No avatar

2005-03-02 17:04

Hello I have a question about order id. Two weeks ago the last order id was 13, today last id is 61, whats happend with those id's between 13 and 61? I'm affraid loosing clients is something wrong? or id numbers are generated not in inreasing order, but randomly?

mellow

No avatar

2005-03-02 18:35

I've read somewhere here on this forum that the orderid increases everytime someone enters the cashier from the shopping cart even if the customer do not really buy something. It's probably that, nothing to worry about :)

Michael

ekid

No avatar

2005-03-02 22:04

thanx mellow!

Sven

No avatar

2005-05-24 11:29

I noticed this to and got very frightened that we're loosing orders... But it would be really nice if there was a solution to this since we don't want to miss order numbers in our bookkeeping...

I'm using version 0.2.5, maybe this is fixed in 0.3.0?

Sven

No avatar

2005-05-26 19:01

Is it possible to solve this problem so that no order id's get lost? We are using the order id's as invoice id's and the law here in Sweden says that we have to have all invoices in the correct order with no numbers missing when we pay our taxes.

It is kinda annoying to have to make an imaginary invoice for every missing order id and stamp maculated on it...

Anyone? Please ;-)

Andrzej

2005-10-18 11:19

Same problem here, althought thew law doesn't require quoting order numbers on invoices (AFAIK), I noticed an unnatural increase in ID numbers.

Temporary solution for you Sven would be use the ID numbers built of two figures: your proper ID (properly incremented) with QC's weird order ID added (after slash or something).

All the best
Counting orders: 1, 2, 3, 4, 78, 174, 256... ;-)

Andrzej

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-10-18 14:15

order id - it generates always when someone add something to basket. then if you have order id 1 and after 10 you will know that 8 persons add ed something to basket and didn't but it

witaj.net

Gurt

No avatar

2005-10-20 13:23

Another reason why this might be happening is that people lose the contents of their shopping basket everytime they close the browser without checking out (and thereby close the session). The next time they come their basket is empty and then they have to add the items again (thereby increasing the order id's).

It would be good if the basket would be stored somewhere by using a cooky or something so that people can leave and still have their basket next time they return.

Gurt

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-10-20 13:33

gurt - i think is not good idea ... tell me which shopping cart do this?

witaj.net

Gurt

No avatar

2005-10-20 13:43

Hi Treewood,

Amazon, to name one, does it. Why do you think it would not be a good idea to do this?

Cheers,
Gurt

Jo

No avatar

2006-09-08 11:10

This isn't a huge problem to me really, and I will be able to put up with it if it cannot be changed.

Is there any way to change it so that only orders placed are given an ID? Is this possible?

Thanks

Jo

No avatar

2006-09-08 17:36

Alternatively, is there a way to add an extra column on orders list, before the order ID., with a simple order no. that can be admin reference number, seperate to order ID?

about us | contact