htmlMailOrderDetails for Quickcart 2.2?

djvern

2008-06-25 17:44

Hi there,

After using Quickcart 1.4 I was impressed with the ability to send html emails with the htmlMailOrderDetails plugin. However, I'm now using Quickcart 2.2 Ext for another project and see that there is not a version of htmlMailOrderDetails that's compatible with this version, so I'm stuck using sendOrderToClient which can only send text-based emails.

Can anyone tell me if a new version of htmlMailOrderDetails is likely for QC 2.2, or perhaps modify sendOrderToClient to send html emails? I'm willing to pay for any modifications or for a new plugin, as my client ideally needs to be able to send html emails with their logo on, etc to their customers...

Many thanks,
Dave V

» Quick.Cart v2.x

djvern

2008-06-25 19:11

Hm, I think I've found a simple solution. In the file plugins/sendOrderToClient/actions_client.php I changed the following line:

@mail$sTo$sTitleereg_replace'\|n\|'"\n"$sEmailContent ), 'FROM: '.$config['email']."\r\nContent-Type: text/plain; charset=".$config['charset']."\r\n" );

to this:

@mail$sTo$sTitleereg_replace'\|n\|'"\n"$sEmailContent ), 'FROM: '.$config['email']."\r\nContent-Type: text/html; charset=".$config['charset']."\r\n" );

Not knowing much about coding I'm not sure this is the ideal solution, but it seems to force the contents of my en_sendOrderToClient.tpl template file to be sent as html, which is exaclty what I needed. I have now added some html in the form of a header logo and a table-based order summary.

If anyone has any better solutions please let me know!

about us | contact