randomProduct not for all product

adii

No avatar

2008-06-19 06:56

i have installed randomProduct in QC v3.
it shows randoms product for all product i have.
i need it only shows special product (ex : promo product - in page promo).
i thinks it is possible to modified the randomProduct script only.
any tips for me?
pls cek my sample shop in tokokita.dikti.net tq

» Quick.Cart v3.x

>> QC v3.0

beholder

2008-06-19 21:30

Hello adii,

I am in the process of developing a new solution, something like SimpleBanner Plugin once was. When I finish it, it will allow display and randomly rotate selected graphical ads (banners) anywhere on the screen in QuickCart v.3.

Understand me, it will not rotate products, but ads that you prepare yourself and upload to ftp.

Would that solution be of your interest?

QC v3.0

adii

No avatar

2008-06-20 11:52

hi beholder,
tq for your attention, it sounds good about your project.
i think it's different purpose, that one will show special offer from that shop and the other one is for showing banner that could be from others.
do yo know how the way randomProduct script access id_products_pages in DB?
the only need is give it AND condition (ex: id_product AND page_no), then random it.
still learning that script..

>> QC v.3.x

beholder

2008-06-20 14:51

With the new SimpleBanner you can of course point any banner to any chosen product link.
Banner pic can be any product pic (all you need to do is to set the correct path to an existing pic).
I'll have this ready TODAY, I think. I'll let you know.

I think that with the Random Product plugin it's not that simple. As far as I understand what you need (your English doesn't make it very easy), you would have to create a db file where you can set the special product(s). Then the script would have to visit that db file and get the entry required.

This is essientially what SimpleBanner does, so there is no need to duplicate the functionality. You will be able to randomly rotate the special products that are entries in that db file.

QC v3.0

beholder

2008-06-21 02:19

Allright, it's done. I have finished the plugin, I named it "EasyBanner", because it is quite easy to set up with Quick Cart 3.x. Basically the plugin adds rotating ads to your page(s).

You can also easily modify the look and displaying of the banner: it can display any product picture and have promotional text(s) under that picture or it can display bigger banners or any picts, etc. Of course, the ads are randomly rotating, that means they change with every page reload.

With Quick Cart 3.x the functionality is even more enhanced, because for different pages there can be set different templates and themes --> that means you can have EasyBanner rotating ads on just one page and not on any other or perhaps just in one theme.

Editing and updating of basic banner information is done via editing a simple file in db/ directory. No interface is necessary, since it's very simple. The EasyBanner is a true QuickCart plugin (it is no hack), therefore it's quite simple to set up.

If you are interested, for a day's work fee I will share this plugin with anyone. Check out here if you want to contact me: http://www.nlp.sk/antispam/

QC v3.0

about us | contact