Product Attributes

Wizzud

No avatar

2005-02-24 14:45

Now available.
Be warned: This is slightly more than a simple plugin!

Add Attributes in groups : Colours - Red, Blue, Yellow, etc; Sizes - Small, Medium, Large, etc.
Give each Attribute a price Offset if you want (amount or percentage).
Allocate Attributes to Products.
Customer selects from allocated attributes.
Price modified on-screen if Offset applicable.
Selected attributes recorded in Basket, and included on product print, order print,emails.

Demo at link below, under category 'Memorabilia'

rb@wizzud.com

arvo

No avatar

2005-02-24 21:45

wizzud, you are truly amazing. thanks for making all your plugins.

-Dj-

No avatar

2005-02-24 23:12

This plugin is very impressive, I have it myself, and it works great. Thanx Wizzud!

stubben

No avatar

2005-02-25 09:40

This is perfect wizzud... I've installated the plugin on a test site and it works without a hitch.

stubben

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-02-25 10:58

wizzud ... some dungerous bugs ...

you dont check if product have this attributes and you can add everything you want to basket example: Chain=555 (you dont have this chain defined in database). Another problem is that you check validation of attributes only by JavaScript ... you dont check by PHP :/
Another very BIG BUG is that You send by url price .. i can change. You should calculate in PHP when you add something to basket

i see 2 way to repair it:
1. always check when adding something to basket that it have attributes defined before
2. send form by POST method and noone will change address (URL)

witaj.net

DickyH

No avatar

2005-02-25 15:25

Fanbloodytastic!

NOW I can use QuickCart for my site!!!

Wizzud you're a genius. Thanks!

Wizzud

No avatar

2005-02-25 20:38

Hold off downloading version 1.
Given treewood's comments I have a fix that is currently being tested. So if you can wait for version 2 I suggest you do so. There won't be any change in functionality, just some additional PHP validation on the selected attributes and re-calculation of the price, so that any interference with URL can be ignored.
(Version 1 is OK if you just want to see what it does.)

rb@wizzud.com

Wojtas

2005-02-26 17:33

Could anyone give me a version of Quick Cart with already installed productAttributes plugin ??

Please send it to wkrugiolka@idea.net.pl

Wojtas

Wizzud

No avatar

2005-02-27 15:28

It seems version 2 should be safe.
2 files have changed, both of which can simply replace the existing file in the plugins/productAttributes folder. Instructions for upgrading are included in the full version 2 release.
Its maybe not the neatest solution in that it still uses GET method, thereby displaying price etc in the URL. However, you can not now affect the price by modifying the URL, nor can you request an option that does not exist. You can change the option to another valid option but that change will be reflected in the Basket, with the correct price for the modified selection. Basically if you tamper with the URL in such a way as to request products with unknown or wrongly assigned attributes the Basket ignores it, and the prices in the URL are not used AT ALL by the Basket.
If any one can break it, please let me know - constructively! - and I will do my best to fix it.
(I haven't changed to the POST method because I am trying to keep it as a plugin and using POST would be too much of a modification to QC itself.)

rb@wizzud.com

Wojtas

2005-02-27 18:49

Hi!!

I add your plugin manually and product attributes doesn't save :-(
I add a product and four sizes.
I have edit product, check the sizes for that product and it doesn;t save :-(
Could you write me why ??

PS.
Maybe ou coukd send me a QC with already installed attributes and products in row plugins ??

Wojtas

Wojtas

2005-02-27 18:57

ok, now it works, i missed one point :>

This feature is really cool !!
Thanks !!

Wojtas

BoISaren

No avatar

2005-03-07 19:07

Wojtas:

Could you please share your solution as I have the same problem.

The difference is that I can't figure it out! :@

Thanks in advance!

Gregg

No avatar

2005-08-16 22:37

And I've found another bug.
In IE everything works perfectly.
But in Firefox (1.0.4) when I choose e.g. quantity=2, I got quantity=4 in basket view. The plugin doubles quantities.
Even on your own site - I've choosen 1 pice of something and I've got 2, etc. etc.

Sorry for my bad english - it is not my native language.

Just A Newbie

No avatar

2005-08-21 19:44

hhmmm im testing a site for selling computers

using your "loaded" version....
trying to add attributes for hardware/software upgrades

So far I have added 3 attributes...

ie: upgrade HDD, upgrade RAM, upgrade Operating system

with these its expanding the "right" part of the template, making it larger than the header and footer

Thats using IE

Firefox doesn't resize but it places them in different pages on the page

this in the the products_show.tpl...

Would it be possible to have them in a column?
ie one underneath the other instead of across?

Just A Newbie

No avatar

2005-08-21 20:00

ok ive shorten the descriptions a bit to make them fit
but if I add more it will do the same....

soooooo what would be the easiest way to make the attributes in a column?

Thanks

Just A Newbie

No avatar

2005-08-21 20:03

and and...sorry

they have to choose an attribute?

if they want to not make any changes they are forced to
so ive added a no change but it would annoy me if i had to change all the fields just to send an order of the product "advertised"

Anyway around this at all?

Thanking you again

wizzud

No avatar

2005-08-22 19:45

Gregg ...
By 'even your own site' I assume you mean mine?
I've retried both demos - v2.4 and Loadedv1.2 - using Firefox v1.0.6 (as if I'd use anything else!) and in all cases, with or without attributes, the correct quantity of product gets added to the basket each time. I don't think your problem is directly related to the attributes plugin.

Just a Newbie ...
The basic premise of the attributes plugin is that any attribute HAS to be required otherwise verification of whether or not an attribute is valid, optional or obligatory, for a product gets very complicated and open to misuse by those who delight in breaking websites.
Regarding columnising the SELECT statements, have you tried modifying the PICKLIST_START and PICKLIST_END blocks in templates/default/attributes.tpl?

Just A Newbie

No avatar

2005-08-23 23:38

Thanks wizzud....makes sense...

PS love the "loaded" version it sure saved alot of time

Allister

No avatar

2008-04-27 20:31

Did anyone ever get this to work with QCv2?

about us | contact