How to plug product values into PayPal cart using PayPal plugin in v2.1

Examaids

No avatar

2007-03-21 10:53

iDaryl -- I jut tried your code: http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=3636 I replaced Stormy's code: http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=3454 that I had in templates/messages.tpl with yours and it worked brilliantly! My only problem is there is too much info!!!

What do I need to change/delete to have just the product name appear in the PayPal cart? I can probably do it by trial and error but would be good if you could just post a modified version that I can paste into templates/messages.tpl

One request, is it at all possible to *assign* an item number to each product that can then be carried over to the PayPal cart? For example, I would like the following to appear in their confirmation email:

Item Name: Photoshop CS2 ACE Exam Aid for Windows
Item Number: pscs2.ea.win

These are values I currently have on my buy-now buttons. If I could somehow assign a different item number in the "Admin > Products > Products data" page to each product, it would really help.

» Quick.Cart v2.x

S Singh

idaryl

2007-03-21 18:26

Huh? All the the code is there to see - I commented everything!

All you do is strip out what you dont want added to paypal EG: .. dont want the shipping costs?, or the shippers name?, or the comments on the order? - take out | Shipping Cost:$aData[fCourierPrice] | Via: $aData[sCourier] | Comment on order: $aData[sComment]

Its pretty straight forward - the item number string is there too - you will have to add that to your product page info in the admin area - that where the info is gathered from anyway.

You'll have to get the scripting sequence that paypal supplies out of your head when thinking about this - its not helping you to try to "mix" the two together. They both use values differently, one from hard codeing (user entry) the other from the cart....

Examaids

No avatar

2007-03-21 19:07

Thanks. I know you commented, I was just afraid of breaking something inadvertently.

S Singh

idaryl

2007-03-21 20:52

OK go ahead and take out what you need to - but dont forget to add the item number/id into your pages ok!

Examaids

No avatar

2007-03-22 09:17

I didn't understand the bit about the item number string, so just settled for having the item name displayed in the cart.

What would be good is to have these kind of options appear in Admin that you simply select or plug into a text field.

I haven't started using the cart yet, it still needs refining but it's now usable (I was going to write it off as bad buy before).

S Singh

idaryl

2007-03-22 19:13

You want an item number as well as an item name - as I mentioned in the other post (now called not appropriate) the item number is: name="item_number" value="$iOrder" as I also mentioned -- it uses the iOrder number from the cart - which you must give it in the products page in the admin area!

Can't be anymore clearer than that - as far as adding them to the admin area? where and more importantly why? whren they are already there in the invoices?

Examaids

No avatar

2007-03-22 20:04

Hmmm...I only called the thread inappropriate because the title doesn't match the body anymore. So, anyone doing a search or just reading thread headings would've missed the info re PayPal integration. I was trying to be helpful...

I really appreciate you trying to help but, as I said, I don't know PHP. So, what's clear to you is so much atomic science to me.

There is no option in Admin to give an ID number to any of the products. As far as I can see, it's assigned sequentially: Order id 01, Order id 02, etc. While that info is needed to keep track of orders, it's of no value to me because I don't act on orders, I act on payments.

I originally asked to bypass the order page altogether but then thought I can live with it PROVIDED payment by PayPal could be integrated. I managed to do it but really shouldn't have had to spend endless hours learning how to do it because the Opensolution site leads you to believe it's already integrated and all you have to do is select PayPal in Admin.

If I was writing the cart, I would've put the PayPal gateway in, and probably one or two others. Then just provide tick boxes or text boxes to fill in the Products page while in Admin. For example, you need to see the product name in the PayPal cart, just enter it in a section for PayPal in the Products page. You need to see other values, fine, just check the boxes for date, time, shipping, IPN, Return, whatEver.

You say: "as far as adding them to the admin area? where and more importantly why? whren they are already there in the invoices?"

Because I have a script that looks for values and when it finds them, it creates and then sends download links to the buyer. It uses IPN to find the values. Most people have these values in their buttons. Since there is no way to plug them into Quick Cart and have them snagged by the PayPal cart, being able to plug them in the Admin interface would the way to go, rather than expect people to search a forum for answers and then open PHP pages and alter code.

IAC, as I said, I think just having the product name is probably enough for the script I'm using. I haven't had time to test it, so was looking for additional values to add, but not order id because that's dynamic.

S Singh

idaryl

2007-03-22 22:34

Send / post a copy of the script and I'll try to help you get around it - ok?

Examaids

No avatar

2007-03-23 07:59

Thanks but it's a commercially available script, so I can't send copies. I think I can still use it with Quick Cart now that I can plug the product name into the PayPal cart.

S Singh

idaryl

2007-03-23 09:05

OK

about us | contact