Quick.Cart v2.0-rc1 - NON STABLE version - released!

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-08 08:03

New Quick.Cart v2.0 - release candidate 1.

You can get this version from download here:
http://opensolution.org/download/

You can test this version here (try to order something etc):
http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/v2.0/

Changes are here (if someone is good in english, please translate better that we):
http://opensolution.org/download/Quick.Cart/changeLog.txt

THIS VERSION IS NOT STABLE!!! DON'T USE FOR COMMERCIAL USE!!!
We didn't release script to update from QC 1.x to 2.x because last time many persons use this script and update their older QC to new not stable version. We will release script to update when we will release QC 2.0 stable.

Write here Your suggestions, bugs etc.

Turka

No avatar

2006-11-08 22:03

im reminder thnx man ;)

Turka

No avatar

2006-11-08 22:11

yeah yeah big thnx man :)
wait for turkish translation ;)

mallman

2006-11-08 22:14

good job man!

when will be finish version?

thanx

Oxana

2006-11-08 22:15

Thank you for multilanguage :)
Note that in v2.0 all pictured store in same directory ./files
but I found so usefull if pictures of category and pictures of products store in according directory like in QuickCart v.1.4.

michal.siman

No avatar

2006-11-08 23:13

Just my idea: will be better, if every language in the quick.cart will have self flag (image) in the same directory as lang file and will have same name of file.

Like:
eng.php <- is lang file
eng.gif <- is flag image

Maybe will be simply and easy, but i wrote, it is just my idea ;-)

michal.siman

No avatar

2006-11-08 23:30

How i can add more languages? For first time just third language, ex. CZECH? I dont speak about translate, i just speak about add another language files. Can you please specify how i can doing this? Or new version is multilanguage but ready just for a two languages?

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-09 09:44

michal.siman -
1. You see not visible products because You are logged to admin. This give You possibility to view how product present with description, name and photos. Easy test: open first browser ex FireFox, change product to visible NO and check that You see this product (You will see) and open second (other) browser ex Opera and You will not see this product
2. Instruction to how add language will be in documentation soon when QC 2.0 stable version will be released.

mallman - maybe 2-3 weeks

michal.siman

No avatar

2006-11-09 20:40

treewood - why QC doing this? this is not good, because i dont have a control in the product preview. May be will be better, if product with visible NO will have any NOTE or box in the basic product list.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-09 21:39

michal.siman - we didn't see nothing not good with this. we thinked that is good. preview is not enought like normal view in cart

openzibi

2006-11-10 17:21

Zacząłem przyglądac sie nowej wersji QC2.

1. Moze w przyszłości wstawic w panelu administracyjnym wyłączanie "przełaczania wersji językowych" ? W tej chwili można to szybko zrobić edytujac plik page.tpl,ale dla klienta końcowego byłoby to ułatwienie.
2. Przyciksk "szukaj" jest w obu wersjach jezykowych po angielsku: "search"

Proxivire

No avatar

2006-11-10 19:30

Hiya,

Looks great >D

What would be really great though, if such a collaboration is possible, would be if discount price (Special price) and attributes could be set from within the Add Product part of administration.

Great work though. >)

-DmD-

Oxana

2006-11-10 22:46

Treewood,
Hope that in QC 2.0 stable version admin-theme and front-theme will be store in separated folders for easy change skin of website.
Thank you

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-10 23:27

openzibi - dziekuje, poprawione, zostanie uwzglednione w wersji v2.0-rc2
Oxana - we created templates, best we can and we suggest to change only css files. good designers can do many thinks using only css and it will be good in future because upgrades to new versions will be easier

Proxivire

No avatar

2006-11-11 13:05

Another question:
Is it possible to add an "all" selection when looking through products?
Currently there's "Previous", "Next" and pagenumbers, but not an "All" option, if you know what I mean?

-DmD-

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-11 16:39

Proxivire - hmm... i know what u mean. maybe our plugin pricesListPro will be good -> http://opensolution.org/sklep/?p=productsMore&iProduct=33

Oxana

2006-11-11 19:10

treewood -- yes, you created valid templates. Great thanks and respects for.
But mostly &#8220;good designers&#8221; prefer "do many thinks" using css+imgs (not css only).
So more comfortable if all skin files (css+img) disposed in own folder. Also admin-skin and front-skin are disposed separately.
Where contradiction for requirements of upgrades to new versions in future?
But it brings benefit to change dozen of ready-to-use-themes on fly for non-designer users.

Oxana

2006-11-12 19:58

Seems don`t work visible/invisible. When do item invisible (in admin) this is visible (in store).

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-13 16:24

Oxana - because u are logged to admin area and only YOU can see invisible products.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-14 08:56

We released Quick.Cart v2.0-rc2:
http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=3231

about us | contact