maximum sixe of text area for categories?

nam

2006-10-11 15:44

Hi all,
Weird problem...

I'm using QC Loaded 1.3 with TinyMCE.
Everything works fine - EXCEPT...

I create a new category for the test QC site. I copy and paste some text from a Word document into the TinyMCE textarea. If the text I'm pasting is about 2 pages in length, everything works fine, BUT, if the text is beyond a certain length (say 3 pages) then the bottom part of the text does not show - it is cut off, sometimes in the middle of a sentence!

I've checked the documentation with TinyMCE but it doesn't mention a length restriction so I don't think it's a problem with TinyMCE. Could the problem be somewhere in QC itself? Does the QC code only allow category text to be a certain length? Is there a configuration that stops the text from being too long?

Treewood, is there a length restriction for category (or even product) text because it's a flat file database?

Cheers

do, or do not - there is no try (Yoda)

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-10-11 18:34

nam - hmm ... QC has the turned on limitation on the length of the description to approx. 20KB. If you have the intention put in the longer text edit the file “libraries/FlatFiles.php” and alter the value of the variable then $iEol on e.g. 50000 (approx. 50KB).

about us | contact