IP-BAN option....

paulus47

No avatar

2006-10-07 20:46

i like to have a IP-BAN page in the admin section ,
i made a website - shp with quickcart for a friend of mine and the ask me for a plugin .
i cant find enything like this for quickcart
there are some people uses my shop info for themselfse
can you write a plug for this great program ?
i think there a lots of people who want this .....

Paul , Arnhem

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-10-07 21:12

paulus47 - oh ... this is so simple. edit index.php (if You want ban shop for some peoples) or admin.php (if You want ban admin area for some peoples) and add on top after <?php:

<?php
$aBanIp
[] = '111.11.11.11'// write here IP of banned user
$aBanIp[] = 'anotherIP';

if( isset( 
$aBanIp ) && in_array$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], $aBanIp ) ){
  echo 
'Your are not allowed to see this page!';
  exit;
}
?>

paulus47

No avatar

2006-10-08 10:31

yes, i do understand this methode , correct,
but i want to have a page where i could ban ip adresses, some paid programs have a ip-ban pages , where you can simply ad the ip adrss you want to ban and also delte a ip adress to let the user again uses your website ..
this methode you describe is difficult for some people that dont understand programming directly into php files , maybe into the online statistics you can build in such little program
i hope that you understand my englisch writing , Thank you ...

Paul , Arnhem

London mode Almelo

No avatar

2006-10-08 12:30

This wood be very helpfull for me too!!!!

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-10-08 21:45

paulus47 - i dont understand ... i write it to You ... You have problem with that? You can't add this to PHP code or You think global for other peoples (who?)?

Claps

2006-10-09 12:34

paulus47 - download banGuests plugind from download section and follow the steps from howTo.txt. Tested and working with QC v.1.4.

Claps

2006-10-09 12:50

paulus47 - it does not have an admin page to edit the ip ban list, but the operation is as simple as modifing a file (banGuestsConfig.php) and overwriting it:

paulus47

No avatar

2006-10-11 20:04

oke i do understand all you are saying i di aproiciate it , but all i want is to have under the admin section a button where you can add and delete ip adresses.......i build a shop for a girlfriend of me, and she dont understand programming themselfs , so it would be easyer for her tho do this likes she's adding some products, there are a some people who steals idees from here.
claps , banguest have i tryed , dont work fine for her , thanks
it seems to me that is so easy to build a plugin or am i wrong >?

paulus47

No avatar

2006-10-11 20:06

treewood , i do apriciate you words, but i like to have a plugin , while its so easy to handle :)

paulus47

No avatar

2006-10-11 20:07

i have triing many tricks like banguest but its not what i want ....

paulus47

No avatar

2006-11-22 19:43

why no answers enymore ? is it so difficult to build in a ip-ban >?
i do think that this option helpfull !!

please help me with this

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-22 21:45

paulus47 - no it is not difficult to build this but we dont have time to do wishes of users. now we spend 100% time developing QC 2.0, commercial and freeware plugins that exits and compability. if You want it now why You dont contact with maybe Claps, Wizzud or other and they will do it for You? You will pay them maybe 10-25 EUR and You will have it fast.

about us | contact