Banking Details Needed

Ned

No avatar

2006-09-01 23:02

Im in the process of adding some extra bits to Q.C1.3 and need some basic information.

When using internet banking what information do you need to enter to transfer money from your bank to another persons account?

Im OK for information on UK and France but could do with the information for some other countries.

Ned

ProSam

No avatar

2006-09-19 15:57

In the US you need the Rounting Number and the Account Number both found on the bottom of everyones checks.

See link.

Ned

No avatar

2006-09-19 16:22

This link isnt resolving properly but thanks for the information.

sundayman

No avatar

2006-10-11 16:24

Ned- did you come up with a solution?

Ned

No avatar

2006-10-12 12:39

Not a solution.

The idea was that the customer made an order in Q.C and then choose a payment method. /actions_client/orders.php then intercepted the payment method and presented the right section of /templates/messages.tpl to the following page in much the same way as the PayPal modification does. The customer then sees the bank details to use their internet banking system to transfer the money to the site owner with a reference number. These details are normally hidden unless you make an order.

I was asking for the information as you need to modify admin/templates/config_form.tpl to accept the information on bank accounts, paypal, allpay, etc and write it to config/general.php. I was hoping to create the minimum number of input fields that were useful to several banking systems.

I still could do with information on Dutch, Polish and German banks. What do you use? Just an account number and bank branch code ?

Hans-J.

No avatar

2006-10-12 15:35

In Germany we need the following data for a bank giro which is not a draft like in Anglo-Saxon banking systems:

1. Name of the recipient

2. Still the banking account number, which is a german national thing. In future we will get the IBAN, a combination of account number and bank code number, which is worldwide unique.

3. Bank code number. Today in Germany the so called BLZ with allways 8 numerals. In future the international BIC which is also worldwide unique and the same as the SWIFT code. The SWIFT Code exists since many years for foreign money transactions.

I think it would be good to implement these old (german) and new (more international) identifiers for account and bank alternatively.

Hans-J.

><(((&#186;>`&#183;.¸¸.&#183;´&#175;`&#183;.www.amico-alpha.de¸.&#183;´&#175;`&#183;...¸

Ned

No avatar

2006-10-13 09:37

Thanks for the information, Hans.

about us | contact