Online PDF catalog for all/some articles

johnjdoe

No avatar

2006-04-21 14:27

Hi,

it would be nice to have the possiblity to create an online PDF catalog for all or some categories. Just to give the customers the possibility to print out a range of available articles, like a catalog. This would prevent keeping an (identical) offline catalog.

What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance!

SLawek

No avatar

2006-04-21 23:43

I don't know but I don't think that is't posible to make this, But if you give me you email I will help you to make those .pdf files

Kind Regards
SLawek

johnjdoe

No avatar

2006-04-24 12:07

Hi SLawek,

8<-----------------------{snip}

...don't think that is't posible...

8<-----------------------{snap}

hmm, I don't agree with you. There are a lot of possibilities to convert HTML to PDF online and I wonder if it could not be easy/possible to integrate such a solution in Quick.Cart. One way could be http://www.rustyparts.com/pdf.php

What do you think about this proposition? You could email me too: johnj.doe@gmx.de

Would be great to have this feature because this will avoid to have a separate catalog for the shop items.

savan

2006-04-24 12:21

try to read php manual. you probably can easly make your own tool to convert files to pdf.

johnjdoe

No avatar

2006-04-24 13:56

I would not like to convert files to PDF, but a plugin for QC that a final user could print out (in PDF) a categorie or all articles like a catalogue.

So, I think it should be implemented (as a plugin?) in the code. And perhaps simply with HTML2PDF?

johnjdoe

No avatar

2006-05-02 09:07

Hi,

would just like to know if somebody has an idea how to realize this or if somebody is interested in writing such a plugin for money?

Thanks in advance!

marik

No avatar

2006-05-02 10:37

If you have Word doc's or something
you can make it with PDFcreator (it's a free appz) as a PDF

It's some work
but it's free ;)

johnjdoe

No avatar

2006-05-02 11:58

Thanks, Marik, I know this and I even use OpenOffice where you can export in PDF.

But the problem is not that I couldn't produce PDFs, but that I would like to give customers using a CMS the possibility to have an online shop and a kind of online catalogue. That's why I would like to use QC and give just the possiblity to make an online PDF output of articles. Like the print function but just in PDF and not only for one article. I don't think that this is impossible to make and should certainly be an interesting new feature for QC.

I would be happy if somebody could code this plugin and I agree to pay for it.

johnjdoe

No avatar

2006-05-08 10:36

Hi,

does anybody has an idea on how to realize my suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

~~~wallace

No avatar

2006-05-08 13:47

well... i have been looking around but most "html 2 pdf" online converters are not that simple to integrate in Quickcart.... an exeption is html2pdf but that one is not for free as you probably saw...
writing a pdf output script so there will be a download/print this in pdf button for all pages will costs me here more then the 499 for html2pdf for 10.000 exports.

Maybe there is a smart freelancer on this board willing to build it for some amount of &#8364; / $ ?

~~~wallace

No avatar

2006-05-08 13:48

ps: i will ask my programmer and see what will be the hours he has to spend on it.

johnjdoe

No avatar

2006-05-08 16:08

Perfect Wallace! Thank you!

But did you see http://sourceforge.net/projects/html2fpdf/ ? Perhaps it could be possible with this?

It would be great to have an output for a list of articles too because the final goal is to have an online catalogue.

Thank you for keeping me informed!

johnjdoe

No avatar

2006-05-10 10:39

Wallace?

about us | contact