A great job

gunter

2006-04-21 03:59

Hello from Belgium

I have to say something about this script because I think this is one of the few scripts that is made in the intelligent way !!!
This script is made in a way that not only newbies can play with without any problem but it is also a very fine tool for peoples that used to have monsters scripts like :

OSCommerce wich is for me the most boring thing ever done on this planet. Or other well known scripts.

This little script is the perfect withnesse of a team work and it allow you to build your shop not as an idiot wich send items and items into the DB but step to step.

I am running a shop with usually 750 to 2500 items.
I bought 1st RSAuction for 450 usd (forget it as support is just a jerk)
I bought then PHPProbid for 159 usd (forget it - it's boring)

then for the past 3 weeks I assaulted hotscripts.com - cgi-ressources.com etc etc and downloaded simply every "FREE" scripts.
I installed them and tried them one after one to find something that doesn't request the user to be an engineer by the NASA to understand it, something that gives you the empty frames of the shop but let you know that the content is available for 900 usd as well as things that are shoppong cart but also cut the grass in your backyard, can order pizzas, and can even call the FBI for you if a hacker visit your website.

So I have installed the quick thing, have tried it, and have posted some 100 items too see how the thing is working.
I have added a plugin (last product) then another (randomproduct) and it works. It is not actually 100% what I want (layout) but it is a real lovely little tool for every one that want to make a little shopping part in his website or to create a 10 gigs shopping website like I am about to do.

As my shop will open on may 1st 2006 I have time to make the changes I would like but for those that doesn't have a clue about the way to create a shop - you can really use this one.

Gunter

European Center of Military History (eucmh.com)

No avatar

2006-04-21 14:52

You hear about QuickCart technical limitations? Because QC using a FF db (flat file DataBase) you can have around 1000 max products in db for good working script. Of course You can put in Quick Cart database 9999999999 products and more, but is not recommended by autors.

Quick Cart is ideal small FREE shop script + good plugins (some for free some for money) but for BIG shop You need SQL DB (MySQL etc, SQLlite). For me Quick Cart has 10/10 points ! Great for small business!

latina2000

No avatar

2006-04-21 21:26

I totally agree,I will never use oscommerce,it really sucks! this is the best script I found.

No avatar

2006-04-21 22:03

Yep, is easy to modification. No more change 10000000 files to change layout. Basically in css file you can made own layout without any problem.

gunter

2006-04-22 07:38

I am the same meaning.
What is great is the possibility for the code creator to have make this with plugins wich allow you to simply take what you need and letf over what you don't need ...

OS Commerce ... it takes 3 x more time to configure the payment options you definetly will not use as to configure the one you want ...

This is really a great job

I have now installed all the plugins available but ... it's not as easy as it show.
The instalation is a kid game but to understand the way the thing is working with the plugin manager ... will take me some more hours.
Anyway I really like this little script because it do exactly what I need and nothing else.

I would like to get some littmle features more like placing an Item "reserved" or "sold" for a 2 week period or so as well as a "make an offer" on every items.

The perfect deal would also to be able (in my own case) to send in email a newsletter with the items in stock the prices and the links to the items.
That would be perfect

Again thank for the great job and when I have started runing the site and have my script complet and working you can count with an donation from me. and this is for sure.

Gunter

European Center of Military History (eucmh.com)

No avatar

2006-04-22 15:26

@gunter
"I would like to get some littmle features more like placing an Item "reserved" or "sold" for a 2 week period or so as well as a "make an offer" on every items."

Do You wanna write plugins for this (or do You know what to modyfi QC engine)? I waiting for these features!! If you do these features for GC1.2 please publish here or in new topic. THX!

Mark

No avatar

2006-04-23 12:36

Hey Gunter
Misschien kunnen we ideeen uitwisselen
heb je iets van msn ofzo?

about us | contact