ASP

Evan

No avatar

2006-04-17 03:32

Is there any way I can conver this to ASP? My company has two different web hosts (php and asp). I'm already running this on one of them. I can't find any decent ASP shopping carts...

Phil

No avatar

2006-04-17 06:56

A conversion seems impractical. You would have to convert this to jscript or vbscript. If you know both languages, technically it would be possible, but painful.

It's hard to believe there are no good carts in ASP. There are also good carts in PERL -- although none are exactly like this one.

But more to the point... Your host doesn't permit PHP? I didn't think anyone still did that. Are you sure? There may have been a change in policy if you've had the host for some time.

Phil

Evan

No avatar

2006-04-20 00:00

Most of the ASP carts that I found are really involved. I use this cart for any site for my company. Our other host is on a windows server and I can't use quick cart. I really just need something for ASP like quick cart.

ugh... i hate asp.

spro

No avatar

2006-04-20 01:00

you can use php on win servers no problems there is no database needed here plain php /

give credits dont steal them

Evan

No avatar

2006-04-23 16:19

Yeah, I tried to install it and it won't work.

wallace

No avatar

2006-04-24 11:16

check with a phpinfo () file on the windowshost and see if it returns any phpinfo. Probably it does not allow php to run.....
IF a host is THE reason the get into ASP better change the host right??
there are many hosts around the world running windows2003 server with ASP, DOT NET et cet and also MYSQL and php....
Some don't... and they have there own reasons for that.

Evan

No avatar

2006-04-25 13:40

yeah this host does not -- hostmysite.com

there will only be 15-20 products and i'm trying to avoiid comersus or somthing like that because it's pretty invovled and something simple like quick.cart is needed.

too bad i can't run it off of another server.... include it somehow.

Phil

No avatar

2006-05-07 02:53

Just use Mals e-Commerce (mals-e.com), or Paypal's built-in cart, something comparable.

In other words, simply post your "Buy Now" links on your page. When I click one, I will be taken to a cart that is located on a different server. Yes, it would be nice to stay on your own site, but you are your situation limits your options.

And by the way, Mals' e-Commerce is a beautiful thing.
http://mals-e.com/

about us | contact