Personalising troubles

Johnny

2006-03-13 19:49

I'm trying to mke QC integrate with my sites' design, but having troubles doing so. I'm editing the page.tpl file, and I'm integrating my sites' stylesheet with the QC one, using CSS positioning (no tables).

For instance, I want all the main workings of the cart (categories, content, etc) within one <div> tag, and the footer in a separate tag. But the <-- --> tags keepd merging with other parts of the page.

Is anyone else having problems trying to prsonalise QC?

Till

No avatar

2006-03-13 20:38

Well, I use iframes. It's not great, but if you build a complete site around the shop, you may have problems with the cookies (headers have already been sent... and other error messages). You won't have these problems using iframes. One example I made recently you can see at

[url]http://shop3.cylog.de[/url]

Here I use the CMS CMSimple and have QuickCart integrated. It's juste a demo.
In this case you treat the QuickCart templates individually and they dont mix up with the template of your site.

Till

Johnny

2006-03-14 12:27

Thanks Till, I'm not using frames of any kind. Your example was good though, no frames either..

Johnny

2006-03-14 13:15

Arrggghhh!! Whatever I do, it just won't work!!

Right, I'm giving up on this one, I'll look for another script, QC is a great script, but it's just impossible to personalise.

about us | contact