Can I add v1.2 html edit tool to v0.3.1?

rubdub

No avatar

2006-03-06 19:43

The latest QC is great but doesn't display right on IE Mac so I'm looking to stay clear of css for layout and stay with QC 031 that uses tables :-)

Also 031 has a much better image pop-up with no border (and no gallery!) ...great for me.

Question - does anyone have any idea how to use the great html tag editor from v1.2 in 031? ...that would be so sweet

Alternatively - can anyone tell me how to use tables and the old image pop-up in v1.2 - that would be good for me too :-)

Keep up the good work guys.

wewior (OpenSolution)

2006-03-06 20:50

new htmleditor instalation should be very easy, try to copy new editor to plugins directory and change includes (from htmleditor to edit) then match templates/admin files, there are only few changes

kornout

No avatar

2006-03-09 23:36

This not work.

Pls help.

rubdub

No avatar

2006-03-12 13:18

Hi wewior, I tried it too but couldn't get it to work. I'd be grateful if you can help please - it would be so useful.

trevis

No avatar

2006-03-20 02:36

wewior- HELP! please.

please, please, please,...

wewior (OpenSolution)

2006-03-20 23:17

for try that:
* copy from v1.2 plugins/edit/ directory
* in admin.php file change line

require_once DIR_PLUGINS.'htmleditor/htmleditor.php';

to

require_once DIR_PLUGINS.'edit/htmleditor.php';

* copy from v1.2 templates/admin/edit.tpl file
* in templates/admin/categories_form.tpl file add to window.onload function:
editInit( );
* in actions_admin/categories.php change

$sHtmlEditor htmlEditor 'sFullDescription''''300''650'$aCategory['sFullDescription'] ) ;

to

$sHtmlEditor htmlEditor 'sFullDescription''300''650'$aCategory['sFullDescription'] ) ;

* in core/categories_admin.php file, in function saveCategory change lines:

$aForm['sShortDescription'] = changeTxt$aForm['sShortDescription'], 'BrNdsTag' );
$aForm['sFullDescription'] =  changeTxt$aForm['sFullDescription'],  'BrNds' );

to

$aForm['sShortDescription'] = changeTxt$aForm['sShortDescription'], 'Nds' );
$aForm['sFullDescription'] =  changeTxt$aForm['sFullDescription'],  'Nds' );

trevis

No avatar

2006-03-21 12:11

wewior = No.1

Thanks

rubdub

No avatar

2006-03-21 23:47

Thank you wewior this seems to work great. I'll report back with any bugs.
Thanks again.

rubdub

No avatar

2006-03-22 07:18

The edit button 'alt' messages and the script prompt text didn't appear, so I found I needed to copy the "* HtmlEditor messages" section from v1.2 lang/en.php into v031 lang/en.php. That did it and made the "Enlarge size`Reduce size" links work too.

wewior - thank so very much, this mod works so well. Can you help with one more bit please? Is it possible to get the page "visible" drop down to appear in categories edit? I see that 031 already has this in products edit. What do you think?

wewior (OpenSolution)

2006-03-22 08:06

rubdub << i dont understand what you want to do:
"Is it possible to get the page "visible" drop down to appear in categories edit?"...

rubdub

No avatar

2006-03-22 11:37

wewior - thanks for reply. What I mean is I want to have feature to set content pages visible or hidden like the product pages have in 031. I see this exists in v1.2.

rubdub

No avatar

2006-03-22 15:54

wewior - your mod above works ok but, although the 'new line' button makes a <br /> and starts a new line (and the actual page on the site looks correct), when you go back to re-edit there is a problem. The code in the Full Desctiption text area doesn't display a new line after a <br />. V1.2 works ok without this problem.

rubdub

No avatar

2006-03-22 16:37

Looking at the db files it seems that v1.2 puts a |n| character in to signify a new line for the text editor where v031 used a <br />.
With wewior's mod above the file saves with a space instead, which is why it give what I sain in my last post ????

wewior (OpenSolution)

2006-03-22 16:58

it works that way because function changeTxt in libraries/Trash.php file was changed for version 1.2

rubdub

No avatar

2006-03-22 19:35

Thanks wewior, I took the v1.2 changeTxt from libraries/Trash.php into 031 and it inserts the |n|'s ok. Now I just need a way to stop them displaying in the site and the editor - any ideas?

about us | contact