Unique products - only one single item availbable

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-02-22 23:16

First of all - wizzud and all of them who have been engaged in creating such a fine and functional "piece of code" - thanks for your tremendous work.

I've now set up QC 1.2 the last three days (main work has been to take care of all this idiotic european law bla bla by terms and conditions ...) I would like to fille my shop with "life" - with products, so that it is able to go online pretty soon. Due to that I want to sell antique wrist watches via QC I do not need the order quantity - i. e. it can only be "one", because every watch is unique and can only be sold once...

So does anybody has a idea how to disable to opportunity to change or edit the order quantity into any number odd to "1"? Better, does anybody has an idea how to "disbable" a product being sold twice when one order for it has already been saved? (and vice versa, of course...)?

Any ideas and suggestions are highly appreciated. I have to mention that I am a little bit used to programming, but to PHP not at all.

Thanks in advance
Thomas

leoconk

No avatar

2006-02-26 21:03

This is a feature that many other users, including myself, will appriciate.

The possibility to set an initial number of proucts in stock, and then count down when items are bought. When sold out, items are marked 'sold out' or removed from listing.

I imagine that this should be possible to create as a plugin, but sadly I dont have enough programming skills to do it.

So if anyone have the urge.... it will be highly appriciated

Thanks
Leo

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-03 08:14

I think there war an answer from wizzud regarding this topic that he wanted to investigate this suggestion - but it seems to have vanished...!?

Thomas

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-10 10:18

up...

about us | contact