Affilaite program

PMG

No avatar

2004-11-26 10:59

Why not create a plugin for a affiliate program?

Magna

No avatar

2005-10-21 13:15

Yes, it's a very good idea.....

wizzud

No avatar

2005-10-21 15:33

To do ... what?

Rick

No avatar

2005-10-21 18:11

Affiliate program allows other websites to place your banners or product links on their site and if any visitors from their sites comes to yours and makes purchase that you pay him some comission.

Magna

No avatar

2005-10-22 15:40

It dose not have to be very complicated.Every client who buy something and comes from an affiliate link, the affiliate member gets a procentage from sales.
The affiliate member will have a control panel where he can log on and see how much he earned and other setting like payment option, total sum...

Gurt

No avatar

2005-10-26 09:56

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that.
- How do you track affilliates (cookies?). Not all browsers accept cookies and sessions are not stored in quickcart.
- How do you check which of the affiliates gets the commission if two or more websites referred buyers to your site.
- How do you deal with the fact that sessions are not stored, so people might come from an affiliate, then check the products, leave, come back a day later and buy something. (cookies are not ideal)
- What if people order something but don't pay? There is no integrated payment solution yet, so no feedback on someone actually buying the products.

All in al there are too many thingst that can go wrong or result in unpredictable results. I happen to know this because I have been looking into this for some other commercial webshops.

An affiliate plugin is a great idea, but to say that it does not have to be complicated is a bit unrealistic. There are excellent affiliate software packages for sale and you have to pay a substantial price. That is for a reason because it's a very complicated process.

Cheers,
Gurt

SenorLinux

No avatar

2005-12-05 06:40

One can utilize 3rd party software already built for tracking, question is how to integrate the cart to pass the affiliate userid or data. In the package I am using (I will have to get you the name of the program (bought - not free) to integrate with this shopping cart system (i dont wanna use another system, like the versitality of this one too much - stubborn basically)....

I have some documentation which I will read and post here for others to view.

SenorLinux

SenorLinux

No avatar

2005-12-05 07:36

here is what I meant for affiliate program, its awesome u can try the demo.
on their site...........

http://www.deonixscripts.com/index.php?view=products_awtt

Thanks,
Seno Linux

SenorLinux

SenorLinux

No avatar

2005-12-05 07:42

ERR: wrong link sorry, that was one we were looking at initially, here is the one we actually purchased instead.

Post Affiliate Pro v2.0.3

http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/index.html

It seemed to have much more features that we liked out of the box.

SenorLinux

SenorLinux

about us | contact