Erron -> TplParser.php on line 190

filoaman

2018-04-11 22:30

I run Quick.Cart 3.2 for my eShop.
My eShop was running perfectly untill last Friday. I'm 100% that i doesn't make any change. Last modified file in my server and the installation is from early March.
Now I get a blank screen as my home page.
I get this error

HP Parse error:  syntax errorunexpected '['expecting ',' or ';' in /public_html/MyWebSite.com/libraries/TplParser.php on line 190

I try to restore older backups but the problem presist.

Any idea what I have to fix and how to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.

» Quick.Cart v3.x

openzibi

2018-04-11 22:56

On your server was changed php version to 5.6 or 7.x
Any idea?
Please upgrade your shop to v6.7 version or, better, to EXT v6.7 version.

Zbyszek - StudioStrona.pl

filoaman

2018-04-12 08:43

Thank you for your answer. I ask the hosting company regarding any php change but i don't get a clear answer yet.
They send me instructions on how to downgrade but not a clear answer if the perform any php related change the day i face up the problem.

In any case, did you have any idea about the error i get?
Are you 100% sure that this is an error related to oho upgrade or your answer is just speculation?

Regarding update OpenCart
I spend more than 8 years tweaking OpenCart 3.2 in order to customize it to perform what my clients need.
I try once to upgrade to a newer version and i realize that almost all my tweaking stop to work and i was unable to find a way to repeat them on the new version.
But the most important is that the newer versions use different way to create the url's.
Instead of e.g. "myWebSite.com/?341,en_product" i was getting something completely different and i was unable to tweak the change via .htaccess
So in less than a week i lost ALL my rankings in Google. A few years on hard SEO work disappeared in less than a week.
Furthermore database conversion from one version to another doesn't work for me so i had to invest 10's of hours in order to update create the database manually from scratch.
So upgrade in not an option. I will solve one problem and i will create 10 new problems....

openzibi

2018-04-12 09:37

1. "Are you 100% sure that this is an error related to oho upgrade or your answer is just speculation?"
99.99%
I have seen this error on very old shops ( for example v3.2) after change php version to 7.x
Please try with php v5.4-v5.6 but note that in the future hosting can switch off oldest php versions...

2."So upgrade in not an option."
Wrong decision :) and now your shop do not work...

3."A few years on hard SEO work disappeared in less than a week"

Probably you have done wrong upgrade without 1:1 links or without wrong redirections
If you have some knowledge you can use different links in EXT version

myWebSite.com/product.html
myWebSite.com/1,product.html
myWebSite.com/1,en_product.html
myWebSite.com/?1,en_product
etc, etc.

Zbyszek - StudioStrona.pl

filoaman

2018-04-15 10:45

Finally downgrade to php ver 5.6 can solve the problem

about us | contact