newline insert in HTML editor

nam

2005-09-15 14:59

anyone know why the HTML editor in the categories admin (or the HTML editor in the products section - which I added myself from a suggestion on this forum, see "HtmlArea in product description" topic by islander ) automatically inserts newlines "<br>" everytime the page is saved. Even if I don't change anything on the text, as long as I 'save' the product or category it automatically inserts newlines so that when I look to see the outcome it looks like different everytime because extra lines have been added which I didn't want.
Can this be solved in the next version of quick.cart please?

there is no try - there is only do or do not...

nam

2005-09-17 20:23

anybody have any ideas on this... or am I a voice in the wilderness...

treewood (OpenSolution)

2005-09-18 00:20

nam - in quick.cart v1.0 we changed it that newline will not change to <br /> in normal textarea

witaj.net

nam

2005-09-18 12:38

thanks for your reply treewood.
I look forward to the next version of Quick.cart.

nam

2005-09-27 15:45

quick.cart is an excellent cart and cms system but is let down by one thing - the html editor.
I have tried so many times to insert content such as text with links, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The pages always end up looking different online then they do in the htmleditor. When I look at the source code that was created in the htmleditor I find it has inserted a LOT of rubbish such as <span> (??) or lots of extra <br> or something which I didn't want, etc. I add some text with a certain font width and color - but when online it shows as something different. It is so frustrating...

Can we have a newly improved version of the htmleditor in the next (v1.0) version of quick.cart - or can quick.cart use a different htmleditor such as FCKEditor, or SPAW.

The htmleditor is supposed to be WYSIWYG - but it's NEVER 'what you see is what you get'

~wallace

No avatar

2006-07-28 09:51

I am having the same problem...the system adding br after saving all the time but i cannot really upgrade to qc 1.x. My QC ias running with FCKeditor by the way.

I there some fix i can do ??

wewior (OpenSolution)

2006-07-28 11:23

htmlarea was changed to plain text html editor, but if you want install fck http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/docs/?id=tips#jak_wgrac_edytor_fckeditor (only in polish language, translation in progres)

~wallace

No avatar

2006-07-29 12:21

But i have fckeditor allready installed.
And i do not think it is fckeditor that adds the extra BR/ 's all the time. It is Quickcart ( version 0.3 if i am not wrong. where in qc q1.x it seems to be fixed.
Is there a way to fix it in my older qc??
For fckeditor works great except the code gets messed up after saving.

wallace

No avatar

2006-07-30 14:20

Maybe it will cause another problem somewhere but i just changed:

if( !function_exists'saveCategory' ) ){

/**
  * Zapisanie danych kategorii
  * @return int
  * @param array $aForm
  */

function saveCategory$aForm ){

## ZAPISYWANIE TRESCI ##

$aForm['sName'] =             changeTxt$aForm['sName'] );

$aForm['sShortDescription'] = changeTxt$aForm['sShortDescription'] );

$aForm['sFullDescription'] =  changeTxt$aForm['sFullDescription'] );

To get rid the extra br/ for every newline. Works well it seems....

wallace

No avatar

2006-07-30 14:56

Oeps.... that ruined all coding in the editor. Use Nds instead.

about us | contact