A Users forum independent from OpenSolution ?

Didier31

2009-01-03 10:43

As all of us know, the current support forum from OpenSolution, although very useful, is missing some classical features in terms of functionalities :

editing own posts
categories
more convenient search
better sort
separate languages sections

An obvious solution would be to create a separate forum in phpBB or such, independent from the OpenSolution developpers, to discuss everyting but OpenSolution support, which would continue in here.

A problem could raise up. Paied versions of QC are email supported, not public. Would the OpenSolution Company allow users to provide self support on a separate forum for all QC versions or is this an issue ?

Thanks for your inputs.

» Quick.Cart v3.x

QC 3.2 EXT Fr customized de chez

Didier31

2009-01-03 10:45

I add in the Wish List the ability to edit a subject title to add [SOLVED] when necessary.

Didier31

2009-01-03 11:11

add Preview function before post to be able to double check a message before being posted.

beholder

2009-01-03 12:37

The forum could use some advanced elements but that doesn't preclude that it should be independent from OS guys. I consider opensolution.org support for Free version of the software as half mark below excellent.

Didier31

2009-01-03 16:37

I am absolutely ok with this. We get answers nearly immediately and I'm sure noone would criticize this forum. I was talking about forum <b>features</b> !

treewood (OpenSolution)

2009-01-05 07:56

beholder, Didier31 - of course there was some independent support forums for specific language. For example quickcart.nl and support in russian language but i dont remember address. This forums are closed because their admins didnt have time for it.
You can check webarchive to see what was in quickcart.nl.

beholder

2009-01-05 16:53

Let me correct my own words above and state clearly: I do not wish to use any other forum than this one. This forum could use some more features, but that is no reason for creating another forum which would dillute userbase and support on this forum.

about us | contact