multiple language on product creation

Didier31

2008-12-29 11:48

In the next major version of QC, I would be pleased to be able to create a new product with as many languages as there are in the Settings menu.

For example, if my site in in English and French, creating a new product could allow me to enter its designation, short and full description both in English and French.

Thanks.

» Quick.Cart v3.x

26 years of DEC support, that is a wonderful job.

kalanta

No avatar

2008-12-29 14:29

It could be one of plugins. But we need to write different price, different product name, different short and full descriptions and it almost the same to add product separate in other language.

beholder

2008-12-29 17:43

the problem is in constants used in the underlying save product functions. I have succeeded only by replacing constants with variables in the original script. The variables are transferred as functional parameters of save function. It looks like this:
foreach ($aLanguages as $sOneLang) {
$oProduct->saveProduct( $_POST, $config['dir_db'].$sOneLang.'_products.php', $config['dir_db'].$sOneLang.'_products_ext.php', $config['dir_db'].$sOneLang.'_products_pages.php', $config['dir_db'].$sOneLang.'_products_attributes.php', $config['dir_db'].$sOneLang.'_products_stock.php', $config['dir_db'].$sOneLang.'_features_products.php' , true );
}

I know, hideous, but it works.

beholder

2008-12-29 17:47

It needs to be noted that the above script saves the same content to the different db files of several languages, it doesn't save different content as you guys suggest.

about us | contact