Recommend to a friend link

barnardo

No avatar

2008-05-07 04:56

Hi, I think quick.cart is a great and straighforward going shopping cart. The only thing I dont get is that there is a print page icon on all pages but no recommend to friend link. Is there any reason why this is not available in the quick.cart solutions?

» Quick.Cart v3.x

Barnardo

treewood (OpenSolution)

2008-05-07 12:27

barnardo - it is hard to explain why we didn't add it ... maybe because it is not "VERY" usefull option and there is more usefull options that we added

culda_a

2008-09-03 12:43

I have a solution for this... is a little...my style but is doing the work fine so is a free solution if you want you can use this:

First of all download this zip file from http://wdromania.com/tell_a_friend.zip

edit the 3 files in the zip file acording to the description inside the code - upload on server in the folder template/

(you can put it where you want but the edit the iframe code acording to your files location)

take the template/default_pages.tpl and rename it in pages_recomnda.tpl

edit the file pages_recomnda.tpl and add the next code before <!-- END CONTAINER -->

<?
<div align="center">
<
div style="width:540px;height:860px">
<
IFRAME src="templates/tell_a_friend/form.php" style="width:540px;height:860px;" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="Formular de contact"></IFRAME>
</
div?>

upload to server....

that is all.... now the only thing that you have to do is to go in the admin area to pages and create a tell a friend page and from the options you go to View and from template option you chose you new created template for the form.

It should work just fine, by me is ok... I'm sure that someboady with skills can enhance the script so if you do just post it here for all of us.

about us | contact