Tricky Dicky Stuff

idaryl

2008-02-07 03:43

I'm pretty sure that this will work on any Cart or CMS or Forum input button - (this is for you Proxivire -as you like this kinda thing)

I've been using this trick to keep my users advised on whats going on during the wait times after they have clicked on ANY submit type button [ add onclick="this.disabled=false;this.value='Saving...';" ] to the end of the submit string -- what will happen is, if the user clicks on "Add to Basket" button it will change to "Adding" while the site stores the data prior to going to the basket summary page.

I use it all over, makes a little nifty effect for the user - mostly cosmetic, but looks darn nice!

Examples from my orders_basket.tpl

<input type="submit" name="saveBasket" value="$lang[Save_basket]" class="submit" onclick="this.disabled=false;this.value='Saving...';" />
<input type="submit" value="$lang[Calc]" class="submit" onclick="this.disabled=false;this.value='Updating...';" />
<input type="submit" name="sSave" value="$lang[Next]" class="submit" onclick="this.disabled=false;this.value='Adding...';" />

There you go - try adding "Returning" to the "back" button as another eg.....

» Quick.Cart v2.x

This is for you - Wouter!

beholder

2008-02-07 15:45

Nice one, hopefully this will be added to the new version of QuickCart. Shouldn't be too difficult.

BTW, Treewood, how is that new version coming up? any change we, the proud testers and co-developers of QuickCart, get a beta soon?

idaryl

2008-02-08 03:32

Hey.......... how does one become a beta tester?

beholder

2008-02-09 16:33

when beta becomes publicly available, you can beta-test your ass off then

idaryl

2008-02-09 20:40

Ha Ha you make big funny - not

about us | contact