powered by

moe haidar

No avatar

2004-12-09 17:15

Can I remove all traces of it being called Quick Cart?

-Dj-

No avatar

2004-12-09 20:41

Why would you want to do that? If you want to claim the cart as your own, then make one from scratch.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2004-12-09 22:11

moe - i suggest NO ... if You will create some scripts i will respect You and dont remove Your info about your script

witaj.net

cemetery

No avatar

2004-12-13 12:02

I don't think so ...

"Powered by" is very important...

Good luck

level

No avatar

2004-12-27 23:22

But can only "Powered by" be translated to native language? does somebody mind?

level

Mladen

No avatar

2004-12-28 10:30

I would suggest if it is that important to "remove" the traces from QC on the main site to leave a message in the "about us" giving gratitude to the boys created QC and mentioning that you actually use QC. It is not something bad, you know.

But I do agree that it is not that good idea to display the exact version on obvious place of QC, due to security reasons. I alredy saw websites running much older than 0.2.1 version. And if I have some knowleadge of a bug in the php allowing me to modify items I could do some harm. Of course I do not have that intention, even more I do not want to harm any one. But I do think about security factor and how to improve it with very small effort.

mladen.milev@gmail.com

cp

No avatar

2005-01-16 15:42

I think Mladen is right.

It's easier to hack if we know where this cart come from and what the functionalities etc..

Bart

No avatar

2005-02-12 20:33

I did remove the version number. However, the link to Quick Cart stays there, as well as the text "Powered by Quick Cart". I agree it's a bad idea to include version numbers. Nobody cares what version it is, except for people with bad intentions. People that like the Cart, will follow the link to the creators, as they should.

zion

No avatar

2005-02-18 05:06

why to remove the credit from the palls that working hard to make this cartavailable free!! just like bart says maybe remove the ver but man litle respect to the hard work its like good painting of picasso witout the signature. pls keep alive this wonderfull comunity!!!
p.s. to developers it will be easy &nice to make some icon/butoon instead of the link

photo74

No avatar

2006-02-11 16:19

I want to make new skins and styles for the cart, and then sell it to my customers. That's why I don't want it to be obvious for the customer that the basics of this cart is free. So That's why I dont want thhe powered by link on the frontpage... Secondly for a security reason.

Maybe there is a way to donate a little, and then remove the powered by link from visible places?

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-02-11 16:28

photo - there is no way to remove this "powered by Quick.Cart"

photo74

No avatar

2006-02-11 20:05

That's too bad, because I was willing to pay for it.... damn no I have to search again for a shop where I can remove the power by link in exchange for a donation.

Well anyway, thanks for your answer, at least it's clear now!

Cheers

FireFly

No avatar

2006-02-11 21:03

Try Cube Cart , u can pay for removin Copyright text

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-02-11 21:48

photo74 - there is many of other carts for example you can try to search on www.hotscripts.com

bloeb

No avatar

2006-02-12 16:36

you know... I don't think our polish friends would mind one installation lacking the credits if they can cash a $ 100,-....don't you think? ;-)

about us | contact