Failed to write session data (files)

TOM

No avatar

2006-03-17 17:15

I'm using the beta version of QC.

After i select the product and proceed to checkout, i'm not getting the order delivery page. It says that shopping cart is empty and i'm getting the following message:

Warning: Unknown(): write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/usr/local/apache/var/session) in Unknown on line 0

My website is hosted on a 3rd party web server and i donot have have /usr/local/apache directory on that server. Could anyone help me what i need to change inorder to specify a different location that i have write access to?

Thanks and Regards,
Tom

wizzud

No avatar

2006-03-19 09:40

This is initially a question for your web hosting support team.
session.save_path is set in the php.ini file, configured by your web host. If they (your web hosters) require that any application you run needs to explicitly set its own save_path then you should get them to tell you that in writing - then change host!
An application can set its own save path (session_save_path()), or it can be set in a .htaccess file, but for most applications this should not be necessary. Quick.Cart does not change the save_path setting, but uses the php.ini setting set by the web host. To change it from the default would require either extra code to be inserted, or a .htaccess file to be set up. In each case, you should consult your web host to ensure that the new location for the save_path was secure.

about us | contact