Tracking Information

ipodstock

No avatar

2006-02-19 02:35

How can I edit the admin panel in the orders section to add tracking information. I want it to be a part of the clients order, and display on the orders page.

ipodstock

No avatar

2006-02-19 19:45

Some interest would be nice??!

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-20 10:20

Have you not heard of Sunday being a day of rest?
The flip answer would be 'Use a decent text editor' but I don't think that's what you want to hear.

1. Exactly what do you mean by 'tracking information'?
2. What do you mean by 'part of the client's order'? Does it mean that the client gets to see it, or just that the 'tracking information' is order-specific?

You've got 2 choices, but either way its not as simple as just 'editting the admin panel'. Either, add the tracking information (in its initial state) to orders_ext, and modify every shop function that accesses or maintains that file to cope with the new field(s), including any plugins you may have installed. Or, create a new db file for tracking information only, with the order id as a field, and add new file handling functions for maintenance and retrieval. THEN you can worry about changing the orders section in admin panel to be able to retrieve and update the information per order. Also, don't forget prints of orders.
Personally I would recommend the latter option.

Reveller

No avatar

2006-02-20 15:51

ipodstock - "some interest would be nice??!"

ipodstock

No avatar

2006-02-20 20:23

Been in a heap shite lately, didn't mean to take it out on you wizzud, you've done a great job with the updated plugins.

How much time/effort would you say it would take to do som this? I'm no PHP guru, so I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I understand what you're saying but I would prefer

about us | contact