taxAndDiscount plugin

LeoGetz

2006-02-18 18:31

To Wizzud!
I activated the taxAndDiscount plugin, and I don´t understand why the delivery cost are included in the price. I went into general.php and changed the ($config['tax_includeDelivery'] = false;) to false, is´nt that right?

LeoGetz

2006-02-18 18:41

I have deleted the delivery cost line before I activated the taxAndDiscount plugin. Don´t want to show the delivery line because I don´t have the prices announced. Is it that simple that I just can delete the line in taxAndDiscount.tpl and taxAndDiscount_print.tpl?

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-18 18:50

What version of the plugin are we talking about?

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-18 19:25

Never mind - stupid question, coz you refer to ..._print.tpl therefore it must be pre v2.0!

Answer to first question : yes, that's right
Answer to second question : no, its not that simple. You need to look at what the javascript routine does (taxAndDiscount.js) - it expects field with id=deliveryCost to be present, and may not be doing all it should. Either modify the routine, or try hiding the delivery cost fields instead of removing them altogether.

LeoGetz

2006-02-18 23:37

ok, but why are the delivery cost shown, even if it´s on "false"?
And I don´t want the subtotal either.

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-19 00:39

I think you may have misunderstood the usage of the flag.
It relates to what tax is charged on.
If the includeDelivery flag is true then the delivery cost is taxed. If false then the delivery cost is not taxed.
The flag has no control over the delivery cost itself, just the tax calculation.

LeoGetz

2006-02-19 08:02

haha ok, sorry. But what should I change in taxAndDiscount.js to loose the subtotal and the delivery cost, and just have the VAT announced?

wizzud

No avatar

2006-02-19 11:34

Its simpler just to hide the subtotal and delivery cost rows, then you don't run the risk of screwing up any calculations.
Try finding the TR tags for the relevant rows and add styles of 'visibility:hidden; position:absolute;'.
Just ensure that any hidden values are zero or your visible amounts won't add up!

LeoGetz

2006-02-19 14:25

A big thanks Wizzud, you´re my hero =D

about us | contact