Need a sold out function

semtex

No avatar

2006-02-01 09:56

I want to open an online bookshop and sell both new and used books. The problem is that I only have one copy each of the used ones. I need to modify this excelent script so that when someone place an order of such a book it will automaticly be marked as sold out.

I need a field in the admin area where I can fill in how many items of each products the shop have in stock(it could also be showed for the custumers under each product). For every order placed on this book it automaticly change the value and when it reach 0 it marks the product as "sold out" for the costumers.

I would be very greatful if someone have an idea or suggestion how to do it.

ipodstock

No avatar

2006-02-02 04:21

I believe too that this shop system needs better inventory control as well, I've proposed some suggestions that will also make it more efficient for the shop keeper.

It is my belief that a store owner should design the store around the idea that if you take away the merchant, the store can run itself.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-02-02 06:27

semtex - maybe when someone order product You should change only status of product? From visible to not? Create function that change it.

about us | contact