No template file... server error, bug or what?

2peu

No avatar

2006-01-22 10:46

Off topic:
When you try to search on forum with the words: "Warning: unlink(files" u got a lot of errors, it's a bug that I discovered and wanted to add.

So..my problem.
I have installed quick cart many times to a bunch o friends and every time it worked perfectly, so I’m no newbie .
Today I tried to install Quick cart v0.3.1 to a friend and got some errors. I searched the forum and I found some people that had the same problem but nothing helped me.
After I install qc and do all the necessary thing chmod files ,blab la bla, I got some serious errors. In the configuration panel.

First thing, in the first line at the Template drop down button it should write “ default” but here are two dots .. and one dot .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----
The next thing, when I try to change the e-mail or to add some key words and hit save it tells me that the changes are saved and they, are but the front page of the qc is screwed with this errors:

No template file: templates/../basketSummary.tpl
No template file: templates/../basketSummary.tpl
No template file: templates/../columns_one.tpl
No template file: templates/../content_list.tpl
No template file: templates/../head.tpl
No template file: templates/../footer.tpl
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
The top of the configuration panel changes the colors
Background = #444444
Navigation links = #800080
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

I viewed the preferences file on the server and there is a change:

$config['dir_template'] = "../";

but its supposed to be:

$config['dir_template'] = "default/";

I am not a real php programmer but I know a few things about php and I tried everything to fix this problem and nothing helped.
I thought it’s a server problem but the server it’s running on linux and got everything Qc needs...so what’s the problem?

I found some similar topics on forum but nothing helped so far …every suggestion is appreciated ..thank you.

orinoco

No avatar

2006-01-22 22:20

Be sure you've all necessary files installed (uploaded on your server)

2peu

No avatar

2006-01-23 08:11

Hi orinoco,
I have instaled Qc many times, I am sure I uploaded all the necessary files.
So,nobody has an opinion...?

wizzud

No avatar

2006-01-23 13:40

see topic below ...

2peu

No avatar

2006-01-23 15:35

Hello wizzud , as I told, i have read all about te problem in the forum but nothing helped me..
Off topic: what's with the error when u search on the forum with the words: "Warning: unlink(files" ?

Best regards.

orinoco

No avatar

2006-01-23 16:18

If you put link where it is - it could be helpful

wizzud

No avatar

2006-01-23 19:22

2peu >>
Apply the changes specified in the topic mentioned above (but make sure your read the entire topic because you need to take notice of comments regarding " and < in the code examples!)
Change $config['dir_template'] in config/general.php back to 'default/'.
Then look at your dropdown for template selection and if there is still '.' and '..' then you haven't applied the changes correctly, because it is impossible to (correctly) apply these changes and still be presented with an option that begins with a dot!

2peu

No avatar

2006-01-23 19:45

OK i will try that and report commander wizzud. Thank you.

2peu

No avatar

2006-01-24 05:46

Hi wizzud.
I managed to repair some of the problem, I should have read the topic more carefully.
But I still got one minor problem. When I try to add a logo and hit the save button, at the top of the admin it writes:

“ Warning: unlink(files/img/logo_qc.gif): No such file or directory in /home/getraco/public_html/core/preferences.php on line 126 ”

This error appears only one time and the logo appears at the top, so I don’s know what’s wrong, anyway the row 126 in my preferences.php looks like this:

“ unlink( DIR_FILES.'img/'.$GLOBALS['config']['logo_img'] ); “

Thank you.

wizzud

No avatar

2006-01-24 09:55

2peu >>
Well, the obvious question would be "Does/did the graphic /files/img/logo_qc.gif actually exist (prior to trying to delete it, that is)?"
Seeing as you've successfully replaced it I don't see how you can answer that, so as long as you can now replace any logo with another graphic then it would seem you don't have a problem(?).

2peu

No avatar

2006-01-24 14:27

Thank you for your time Wizzud.All work's fine now.
What's with the error when u sear the forum with the words: Warning: unlink(files ? ha?

about us | contact