multilangage

alectro

No avatar

2005-11-18 21:30

For my site i need the store in 2 languages. Is there any way to use one "admin area" for 2 language store?
For example i need 2 descriptions area, 2 titles field...

thanks!

jones

2006-01-10 15:56

same problem here:)

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-01-10 16:45

alectro - try other cart maybe oscommerce, zen-cart ?

witaj.net

Roger

No avatar

2006-02-24 11:54

I like to do the same, any ideas?

A very content dutch user!

Astrid

No avatar

2006-02-25 11:27

What do you mean, another cart.
Isn't there a way to just use quick.cart?
My store is already in English, I want to install another language.

wallace

No avatar

2006-02-27 14:59

Quickcart does not seem to have intensions to extend the appliation to a Multi language version. Many people have asked but most of the time the answer is the same: " please have a look at Zen-cart / Oscommerce and others" ...

Astrid

No avatar

2006-03-01 17:46

Just to make sure:

Does that mean I cannot longer use Quick Cart but I (or my webmaster) have to do the sit all over again?

wallace

No avatar

2006-03-02 13:16

the problem with QC lies in the flatfile database when it comes to Mulitlanguage .... YOU CAN easily translate all the basic links en headers in QC in another language and run a """mutli language""" QC that way BUT!
The PRODUCTS and other Information that is stored can only be in one language.... or multilanguage but on the same product page / information page when you write in the same description field in diff. languages..... Which in the end is not really Multilanguage as most people would like to see it.... for they want separate input fields for one product for each language and the ability for the customers to switch between languages on the site to get the information in ONLY their desired language.

QC is strong as it is!! Specially with some extra's/plugins as are allready there!! .
BUT it lacks some functionalities you will find Out of the Box in other Opensource E-commerce applications like OScommerce, Zen-cart and many many others.....
BUT these come with a load of other functionalities you might not want to use anyway. And are harder to "Template" most of the time.

Kind Regards,

Wallace

about us | contact