Using MySQL DB for comments on Product details page

MoverRen

2015-01-25 23:03

Hello,
I've got an idea, should be possible if QCart code lets you do it. I would like to know if this can be integrated somehow:

How about using MySQL for storing data from user form on Product details page using Product ID as Primary Key in MySQL table.

Is it then possible to retrieve the comment to Product details page from MySQL table and display it under form for that exact product by Product ID.

We all know that every paid hosting has at least one MySQL database which can be used.

Thaks

» Quick.Cart v6.x

MySQL and QCart

filoaman

2015-02-10 16:11

The whole idea of QCart is to NOT use SQL (or any other type of database).
So yes your idea would be interesting but i can't see how a developers team focused on a NON-db product can make this 360 degree turn and integrate somthing like this...

MoverRen

2015-02-10 17:57

Hi, filoaman
The idea is not to use MySQL for development of QC. It is great as it is, but my idea/question was about user comments on lets say individual product page or individual page. I was searching everywhere for some kind of solution, but couldn't find it. I don't want to use WordPress or anything with MySQl, but I think you would agree that individual product comments or user feedback can be very useful. I've read questions about product comments on this forum, but no one has the solution. All i could find is plugin with comments on one choosen page, like in case of product slider.
Also, I have integrated this kind of mySQL solution for comments on QC page, but I can't make it read page or product name or ID when calling comments from mySQL table automatically.

comments on product page

boboo

2015-02-10 20:36

@MoverRen

Ive read questions about product comments on this forumbut no one has the solution

http://www.jsb-diabolos.de/?15,jsb-match-middle-4-49&sLang=de
You don't need to "crack a nut with a sledgehammer", just with simple php file as store place.

@filoaman

The whole idea of QCart is to NOT use SQL (or any other type of database).

The CMS is already done. I guess, the Cart is on the way. Very close.

boboo :-)

MoverRen

2015-02-11 18:51

Thanks Boboo,
I have visited the link you posted for comments on product page an I like the way it is implemented.
How about a little tutorial how to do it.
BTW, I've managed to integrate the solution with MySQL just for comments and it's working, but I would really like to use PHP without MySQL because the code is very complex and depending on additional database.

about us | contact