Pages:

Quick.Cms v2.0 beta - released!

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-10-17 08:25

Bob30 - thanks, not yet understood by IE 6.0 but by IE 7.0 yes. Maybe in 1-2 years IE 6.0 will be only few %

len

2007-10-17 14:16

Treewood, i ment if quick.cart gets the same admin functions as quik.cms. But a combination of quick.cms and quick.cart would be terific.... greet... i like the products you make...
Great work... keep on improving...

greetings luke

Oxana

2007-10-17 16:20

Treewood -- yes, agree with you about dangerous editors' creativity :) but editors often just MS Office users and not so dangerous without visual-text-formatting toolbar :)
(By the way in new version your already done such dangerous tools for visual design as "style swisher", "template changer" and "heder changer"...)

Respect and like Quick product for trend to strong minimalism and necessary functionality at one side and good protected visual structure and logic at other side.

But several reasons why I mean that custom img sizes functionality should be contribute from current version to new one.

1) In current version we already have protection from "dangerous creativity" (not so hard protection, but more than enough)
- in Setup - setup "default size" of images
- in Page edit/files - "default size" in fields by default
2) Sometimes we need different sizes of illustrations for different sections.
For example, for section Product/Portfolio - 200px, for News/Manuals etc. - 150px, for Map/Schemes - 300px(looking like here - http://aquaizol.ua/AQ_tmp/53,contact-representations-kiev.html)
3) Sometimes in page we need separate visually illustration by size for main img (first) and addition images (others).
For example, at Product/Portfolio pages main img of product and their addition imgs with detail or fragments of product (looking like product page here - http://victori.kh.ua/?p=productsMore&iProduct=37&sName=P_037)

Regards

Oxana

2007-10-17 16:36

also:
- choice in config to disable Lightbox display (c) Bob30
+1

- lightbox: hanging images with text (close, prev, next) to written, editable and translatable text (c) kd53
+1

- expend/collapse Page Tree in admin

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-10-17 21:37

oxana - ok we will think about it. About dungerous tools it is not true:
"style swisher", "template changer" and "heder changer" are created not by editor but by webmaster. Editor cant create this new themes, new CSS files or new templates in admin area.

ideedlx

2007-10-18 15:47

It does look good, frontend as well as backend! (I must say i liked the minimalistic design of the old backend a tad better, but hey....:P)

The slim / lightbox feature was integrated by our selves in the old version of Quick.CMS so for us it is not really new, but it is nice to have a version straight out of the box! What I would really like is the possibility to make full use of the Lightbox / Slmibox system withe the full navigational properties!

We also adapted the CMS for the use of Google Maps, but the javascript for the maps was visible in the source of all the generated pages, it is very good, that we can now use a different template for such pages!

I assume, the contactform will re-appear inn extende versions?

All in all great work!!

ideedlx

2007-10-18 15:52

My bad...

The lightbox / slimbox design already has everything we want...hahaha oopsie...

Oxana

2007-10-19 00:33

Treewood - yes, understand you and glad of new functionality of v2.0 very much. Make casual mention of "switchers/changers" just to call your attention that "image size changer" has rights to live in new version and thanks for promise "thinking about it" :)

/for example in easy manner like field called "thumbnail sizes" - with comma separated values of sizes (as amount as web-master want and web-edition need). In "Page edit" as now is -- drop-down-list with limit choice of sizes/

Once more about protection from "dangerous creativity".
Is it possible change default state of "Hide tabs"/"Display tabs" in config/general.php?
(use such protection-trick for ECKeditor toolbar that make display collapsed by default).

Oxana

2007-10-19 00:34

Notes than links of pages with pagination (page [break]) - displayed in bit strange manner with tree commas:
our-offer,3,,,1
our-offer,3,,,2
our-offer,3,,,3
etc.
Is it right?

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-10-19 23:14

Oxana -
1. our-offer,3,,,1 -this is ok and right
2. about hide/display tabs, i dont understand

ideedlx - yes contact form will be in paid version, we must live for something :)

ideedlx

2007-10-23 10:23

What is the timespan for the release of the candidate version?

digiwill

2007-10-23 10:26

looks very nice! good job guys from opensolution.

1 thing in Firefox browser:
In the login screen the 'back' link positioning is not good.
its 'flying' between the red and the white area.

Don't know if other users experience this with firefox?

cgan

2007-10-23 12:13

Yes, digiwill, I can see it too. FIrefox 2.0.0.8 Mac version. It is positioned to the half on white and to the half on red area. Looks the same in Safari 2.0.4.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-10-23 15:22

digiwill, cgan - thanks for info ... this will be fixed

savan

2007-10-23 23:25

Hello everyone.

Wanting to be 100% error & warnings clear, you should be avoiding spaces within <a>.
For example: <a href="javascript:history.back( );">
The space is between brackets: ( )

This is not an error, but warning in reference to defined doctype. A space should not be contained in a URI (even if it works in all browsers). This is detailed in http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt and search for "Unsafe" word.

Other unsafe characters are: "{", "}", "|", "\", "^", "~", "[", "]", and "`", """ (<- quotation), "#".

I am not happy with the Lightbox as default photo gallery script. I have seen on my own eyes, when some people cant use it. Their browsers handle this, but they dont! When the picture height is larger than the screen height, they usually clicked "go back" after enlarging the picture. They close the big photo, but(!) they also go back to the previous page (not wanting to do so). They dont know how the Lightbox works!
Another stupid thing in Lightbox are "next" & "previous" buttons apperaring after mouse is over the left or right part of the picture.
Hence I prefer your "NewWindow" script. So far, it always worked fine for me.

Good job at all with the v2.0 :-)

Kordian

2007-10-24 08:42

Przydała by sie jedna rzecz.
Aby można było każdej stronie nadać oddzielne id, aby potem w css zmienić np. treść odnośnika do tej strony w obrazek.

savan

2007-10-24 12:27

@Kordian:

Można to łatwo zrobić.

W tpl dodajesz do wybranego elementu np. to: id="styl_strony_$aList[iPage]".

Jak wiadomo, każda strona ma swoje unikalne ID, wiec w stylach robisz np. to: #styl_strony_13{color:red;}. Zamiast id="" możesz używać class="".

W ten sposób możesz robić naprawdę różne rzeczy do różnych elementów.

Kordian

2007-10-24 15:50

:) thx,
aczkolwiek taki mały klik pod tytułem nadaj nazwę klasy był by fajny jak by był robiony z poziomu admina :)

Oxana

2007-10-24 16:29

treewood --

2. about hide/display tabsi dont understand

Admin-panel -> PageEdit -> "Hide Tab"/ "Display Tab"
Now by default Tabs are visible (and we can hide them if want).
Can webmaster setup that Tabs are hidden by default?
p.s. it is not obligation wishes but useful

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-10-25 11:26

Kordian, savan - przeciez mozesz do tej strony przypisac inny template (szablon) i sobie zrobisz w tym szablonie zupelnie inny kod html nawet.

Oxana - yes it is possible by editing one js file ... maybe it will be in our documentation in tips & tricks. If it will not be then please remember us to do that :)

TOPIC IS CLOSED. MORE BUGS, SUGESTIONS PLEASE WRITE HERE:
http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cms/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=233

Pages:
about us | contact