Searchengine extension?

nathan

No avatar

2005-05-27 09:59

Is there someone who has extended the search engines capabilities.
I am working on a two folded project.
There will be an information page with companies listed... and, separate on a shop. subdomain a shop.
The EnhancedSearch plugin searches the products right? Not the Categories in the dbase.

Anyone an idea how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

wizzud

No avatar

2005-05-30 16:44

First you're going to need a new template for your output, because you have to decide how you're going to present the different possibilities of matching text (product or category, or possibly even content depending on your version of QC!).
Second, you need a main section of PHP code to handle something like p=fullSearch (or whatever). Again, depending on the QC version, this could be simple or less so. That section needs to do stuff similar (but not the same as) productsList - which outputs template header stuff, calls listProducts (core/products.php), which outputs more templated data via throwProductsData, based on a call to dbListProductsSearch (core/products-ff.php), all of which would need replicating in cut-down form to produce the data you are interested in. Then you would need to replicate again but looking at the category data! Or vice versa if you want the category results first!
Of course you could combine some of these functions into probably 4 distinct and compact functions, one each in core/products.php, products-ff.php, categories.php and categories-ff.php, and its then up to you whether you do all the template calls from the main section or from within some or all of these new functions.

Simple ... not!

nathan

No avatar

2005-05-31 10:36

Okay thank you. I hpe to find some time to have a better look at all the files that are involved.

nathan

No avatar

2005-05-31 15:11

You say also depending on what version i use.
Well i use qc loaded 1.2 from your website right now.
But still can change if there is a version that makes it easier to have a search through categories ( there will be no products on this part of the website )
and content of "content" .
Is there a easier version?

Thanks!

wizzud

No avatar

2005-05-31 18:34

No. Its just that the code changes between v0.2.x and v0.3.0 of Quick.Cart mean that any new code would be slightly different and in different places in the 2 versions.

nathan

No avatar

2005-05-31 20:25

oef. i had a closer look but well this might be beyonf my capabilities :(
anyone who could do it? Payed for ofcourse!

nathan

No avatar

2005-06-13 12:54

Sorry to disturb the general Q's and talk but who would be capable to add some functionality, as described in this topic to QC ?

Nathan

2005-06-16 19:45

Okay... i had a try with a searchengine called SPhider, a searchengine and website spider. Wauw, nice results except it just did not get to all the pages....
http://www.cs.ioc.ee/~ando/sphider/
my thread there: http://www.cs.ioc.ee/~ando/sphider/forum/board_entry.php?id=676

I think this would be a great add-on/plugin for quickcart...
Anyone who would give it a try too?

Thanks! if i get it really fully index QC i will def. post the news and fixing that is needed here!

Nathan

2005-07-01 09:57

The latest SPhider version works great as far as i have tested with QC.
It really spiders and indexed all pages in the QC.
Very handy searchengine for you can easily insert it into
QC with an iframe or something more intelligent ;-)

This Searchengine comes in very handy when you have modified your QC to not have "real" products with basket for instance..

Url: http://www.cs.ioc.ee/~ando/sphider/

about us | contact