Quick.Site..? :)

hlehtine

No avatar

2005-03-05 21:47

I am a fan of these kind of light non-database systems like Quick.Cart and Quick.Forum... good work! Well wouldn't it be a quite small step to make it full three with Quick.Site or similar named flat file CMS, where you could do your own www site? :)

I think almost all necessary things are done with Quick.Cart, just add more control with navigation and pages, and some blog/news system, guestbook and some of that usual stuff etc. For example some kind of picture gallery thing would not be a hard thing to do, because GD resizing seems to work ok now.. :)

And if Quick.Cart and Quick.Forum could be easily attached to that CMS, it would be a hard thing to beat!

I am also sure if it would support plug-ins, there would be more functionality added in no time by some users!

These were just my two cents...

(I have now used PHP-Update which is great flat file CMS, but if there were Quick.Site :) working with Quick.Cart and Quick.Forum... well it would be NICE!)

- Hans

dave

No avatar

2005-03-05 21:49

And would be called the 'Quick Threesome'

dave

No avatar

2005-03-05 22:03

To be honest i'd say all development efforts should be centered around the shop app - the idea has great potential, the code seems generally good - all that's needed now is more plugins and security fixes (v. important due to the nature of the software).

I say more plugins because i do not believe that any more features should be made directly available with future realeases of the software - they should be plugins. Otherwise the project will start to stray from what it's name entails.

Wizzud

No avatar

2005-03-06 11:12

Dave, I agree up to a point. The problem arises with inter-plugin compatibility. The more plugins you have, the harder it becomes to make any new plugin compatible with existing plugins - you end up having to make new releases of old plugins to make the new plugin work in all scenarios. Personally, I think that certain key features currently available as plugins should be brought into the main cart, with the appropriate controls to enable/disable them. It would make the development of more plugins a much simpler process.

thomas

No avatar

2005-03-06 11:18

to hlehtine:

if you want a great flat file cms take a look an this one. You will find it under the following link. I use it by myself and it fits my claims very well!

Greetings thomas

Link to ajfork with is based on cutenews:

Bart

No avatar

2005-03-06 12:16

Dave: " And would be called the 'Quick Threesome'"

Uhm, maybe even "Quick 'n Dirty Threesome"? :-D

hlehtine

No avatar

2005-03-06 17:00

to thomas:

Thanks for a link, I will check it out. I am happy with PHP-Update now so I am not looking for a new flat file cms, but of course it is nice to know about all options...

- Hans

Nordavind

No avatar

2005-03-06 20:16

Maybe you should take a look at Limbo CMS - it's based on the best CMS - Mambo but may be used with files not database
www.limbo-cms.com

Nordavind

Daniel

2005-04-22 20:13

Hi All

Quick.site or Quick.cms is a fantastic idea.

It would enable a larger choice of solutions to offer online customers. Makes the whole cart solution stickier and more interactive. If there are peaple interested I will participate in the work.

Regards
Daniel

First

No avatar

2005-07-31 23:56

Why not use CMSimple ( http://www.cmsimple.dk ) instead ?
it's also a 'No Database' system that is incredible easy to setup and use.

First

nathan

No avatar

2005-08-03 15:05

There are many cms systems.. and many to big ;-) with to much modules..
They only thing that is maybe missing in Quiccart Content Part is that you can only make the menu 2 deep: 1 main menu entry/page with one level deeper pages.

Anyone maybe extended this to 3 or 4 deep even?

about us | contact