New Quick.Cart v3.0 - stable version - released!

beholder

2008-04-28 22:34

you probably misunderstood. I don't use html hyperlinks at all in product description, the "link" is just a text of the URL, that means, no <a href..., just plain text, http.....

It's because you don't want to send your customers directly to the third-party site (via a normal HTML hyperlink, essentialy just one click away).

This way, if they are REALLY interested, they can mark it, copy it, open a new browser window, paste the link and press enter. But you don't want to have a "normal" link, because you don't want to link to third-party sites, also because of net-bots, Google, etc.

But the link is not a problem. Problem is ANYlineOFtextTHATcouldBEtooLONGsoITcannotBEnormallyWRAPPED..

treewood (OpenSolution)

2008-04-29 08:08

beholder - ok we will think about it .. it will be tested etc. but you are first at all who found this problem so this is very rare problem

beholder

2008-04-29 13:05

It's not really a problem, it is easily fixed via CSS. I just suggested you the fix as a way to enhance QC.

s4motny

No avatar

2008-04-29 17:43

are there any plans for MySQL version in future for hi traffic sites ??

treewood (OpenSolution)

2008-04-30 09:06

beholder - of course we will try to fix it but remember ... you think that is fix ... and maybe it is but we must test it in other browsers IE 6, IE 7, Safari, FireFox 2.x, Opera 9.x. Did you tested it in this browsers?

s4motny - no ... flat files in QC v3.0 works better then in lower versions. Problem with orders etc is not existing now :) First in the past when we had MySQL version too small group was interested.
Second we are loved in Flat Files as a database solution for small scripts/projects ... we think that Flat Files are the best way in this case.

beholder

2008-04-30 15:36

I've tested it in Opera 9.5 beta 2 and IE6 SP2 and FF 2, so you don't have to bother that much with those three.

Opera and FF don't break the line as nicely as Explorer does, but I am not an expert at CSS so I don't know if the fix can be enhanced so that all browsers display the text nicely, just like IE6. Again, the fix was a suggestion that just works, maybe you can come up with something better.

beholder

2008-04-30 15:59

Here are 2 different fixes for the Word-Wrap:break-word problem I mentioned in the last post (Opera and Moz don't support that tag, IE does):

http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com/2007/02/firefox-ie-word-wrap-word-break-tables.html
http://users.tkk.fi/~tkarvine/pre-wrap-css3-mozilla-opera-ie.html

I don't know if this helps.

Tom

2008-05-02 04:10

Great new cart! Do you have a new Paypal code to go with it?

Thanks

Thomas Lavelle

belial

No avatar

2008-05-02 15:58

Version 3 is very good and interesting. Please, where am I setting czech charset? Translate isn't too, but I need windows-1250 for data from version 2.2. Thanks

treewood (OpenSolution)

2008-05-05 07:58

belial - in lang/cz.php set charset

beholder

2008-05-08 00:56

in the core/orders.php one line is doubled, like this:
$this->aOrders[$iId]['sOrderSummary'] = $aData['sOrderSummary'] = displayPrice( $aData['fOrderSummary'] );
$this->aOrders[$iId]['sOrderSummary'] = $aData['sOrderSummary'] = displayPrice( $aData['fOrderSummary'] );

I do not understand, is it really neccessary? or is it just a harmless bug?

v. 3.0 final

treewood (OpenSolution)

2008-05-08 08:31

beholder - of course this is not neccessary ... it not bug but mistake ... bug for me is that what is not working well ... but this code don't do anything wrong.

shawty

No avatar

2008-05-09 10:12

Good day! I have such a problem with this version.
I test it in local. OrderForm is not opening. I add product in basket, then click next. And then nothing, the same page! Could you help, please?

treewood (OpenSolution)

2008-05-09 11:43

shawty - i cant give you advice ... maybe upload cart on server and i will check it?

shawty

No avatar

2008-05-09 14:34

How can I do it?

shawty

No avatar

2008-05-09 14:44

By e-mail?

beholder

2008-05-09 16:23

>>shawty
when order form doesn't open, you have either
1. deleted the orders page in the pages listing in the administration module
2. and/or deselected it in the settings/pages administration dialogs, there should be something other than "none" selected under "orders page".

v. 3.0 final

beholder

2008-05-09 16:34

This seems rather serious bug, treewood:

when you have a category (any page that contains a product) that contains products that do not belong to any other pages, and you delete that category, all products exclusive to that category get automatically deleted.
BUT they do not get deleted from product databases, their entries stay in the en_products.php, en_products_files.php, en_products_pages.php and en_products_ext.php.

How to manifest the bug in steps:
1. create a test page set the page to be a category or a manufacturer, set the page to contain products, click save
2. create a test product, set the test product to belong to the test page, click save
3. in the pages listing, delete the test page
4. search the db folder files (en_products.php, en_products_files.php, en_products_pages.php and en_products_ext.php) for entries containing the test product.

The workaround aroud this bug is to NEVER delete the categories without first deleting all of their products.

QC v. 3.0 final

shawty

No avatar

2008-05-09 18:16

2. and/or deselected it in the settings/pages administration dialogs, there should be something other than "none" selected under "orders page".

It works! Thank you!

treewood (OpenSolution)

2008-05-10 11:38

beholder - i know ... about this. this will stay and for us it is not bug. for example when you deleted category by mistake you will lose 10-20 products... because of that we didn't add products to deletion. maybe you are wright we will display products in list even if their category was deleted. thanks ... it will be in next version. but we will never delete product after category deletion.

you have found some "mistakes" and bugs ... but in stable version :( every time when we release stable version someone found a bug and problem :(

here is solution for this bug. Edit core/products.php and find:

if( isset( $aExp[3] ) && $aExp[3] >= $iStatus && isset( $aPages[$aExp[0]] ) ){

replace to

if( isset( $aExp[3] ) && $aExp[3] >= $iStatus && ( !defined'CUSTOMER_PAGE' ) || isset( $aPages[$aExp[0]] ) ) ){

about us | contact