Quick.Cart v2.2 - STABLE version - released!

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-05-30 12:10

New Quick.Cart v2.2 stable!

You can get this version from download here:
http://opensolution.org/download/

You can test this version here:
http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/demo/

Changes in v2.2 are here:
http://opensolution.org/download/Quick.Cart/changeLog.txt

HOW TO UPDATE FROM v2.1?

Changed files (* - means all characters):

libraries/TplParser.php
libraries/Trash.php
core/couriers-admin.php
core/couriers.php
core/orders.php
core/other.php
core/products-admin.php
core/products.php
templates/contents_details.tpl
templates/couriers_select.tpl
templates/default.css
templates/orders_basket.tpl
templates/orders_delivery.tpl
templates/orders_summary.tpl
templates/plugins.css
templates/products_details.tpl
templates/products_list.tpl
templates/page.tpl
templates/admin/categories_form.tpl
templates/admin/config_form.tpl
templates/admin/couriers_list.tpl
templates/admin/orders_details.tpl
templates/admin/products_list.tpl
plugins/edit/stdedit.js
index.php
actions_client/orders.php
actions_admin/orders.php
actions_admin/other.php
config/general.php
config/lang_*.php
lang/*.php
js/orders.js
js/standard.js

If You want an update from Quick.Cart v2.1. Check the changes using the Total Commander. Select a file in QC v2.1 (first column) and the same file in QC v2.2 (second column) and click in menu 'Files' > 'Compare by Content'. You will find any changes we've done.

HOW TO UPDATE FROM v2.0?
You must first update to v2.1 and after to v2.2.
Read this: http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=3878

HOW TO UPDATE FROM v1.x?
You must first update to v2.0 and after to v2.1 and after to v2.2.
Read this: http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=3318

PLUGINS!
In this moment we have updated our freeware plugins to Quick.Cart v2.2:
- sendOrderToClient
- lastProduct
- randomProduct
- productsInRow

Bob30

No avatar

2007-06-03 12:25

Hi
Good news et QC 2.2 works fine !
But some plugins doesn't work anymore.
Are lastProduct and randomProduct really updated ?
I tried to install them after Plugin Manager (still working) but unsuccessfully.
THX

merci

No avatar

2007-06-04 10:39

Bob30 - yes, this plugins should work, we have tested it. Check which version you have downloaded. For v. 2.2 you should download lastProduct_v0.4.zip and randomProduct_v0.4.zip

Bob30

No avatar

2007-06-04 11:24

Hi
Testing with both versions 0.4 (not new because they are the same for many months !) but downloaded again.
Installing a clean version of QC2.2, without any other plugin or Plugin Manager, only lastProduct and randomProduct, nothing displayed under left menu.
But worked fine with QC2.1 ...
New versions of sendOrderToClient and productsInRow works fine in QC2.2 ...

merci

No avatar

2007-06-04 14:04

Bob30 - maybe you don't have any photo added to products. To display last product or random product you need photo.

Bob30

No avatar

2007-06-04 15:04

Yes, you're right !
I'm stupid, there's no photo by default in fresh installed version, then no product to display !!!
I forgot it ...
Thanks for your clarification.

outcast

No avatar

2007-06-05 13:45

Hi

Nice to see v2.2 is out :D
Has the security problem regarding register_globals ON, discussed here
http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=3694
been fixed in v2.2??

Then I probly go back to using QC again.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-06-05 14:11

outcast - this exploit was fixed in QC v2.1

outcast

No avatar

2007-06-06 01:04

Ahh,... that is so good to hear,
thank you treewood.

beholder

2007-06-11 02:56

CSS visual bug:

This one is more serious. When you have a long name for "left menu" category, like 30 characters and 4 words, then it displays in 2 lines in menu, instead of standard one. Everything displays correctly in IE6 (XP SP2) but not in Opera 9.21 or Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7. Please correct this in the future version.

The only workaround I found would be setting the left menu entries to bigger height. That however is not a space-economical solution.

There are some more CSS quirks in IE 7 under Vista, especially some issues in header; when you for example have a big picture as logo, it displays differently in IE6 and IE7 and in IE7 the top menu actually DISAPPEARS! (in IE6 and Opera it is ok.) That can be corrected by setting the picture to "normal", small size.

>>QC 2.2

beholder

2007-06-11 02:59

to clarify previous statement "in two lines". Two-line display of individual entries in the left menu is OK, as long as it's not borked, as it is in Opera and IE7. When you check it in IE6, the two-line display of longer entries is correct.

>>QC 2.2

beholder

2007-06-11 03:21

Another bug, this time not CSS:
when you accidently set a category as a child of itself, it disappears from the administation. It has to be found in db files manually and re-set.

It just happened to me, I guess I am tired, so I was just clicking away without thinking about it actually.

>>QC 2.2

beholder

2007-06-11 03:34

Found another workaround for the CSS multiple-line left menu problem above, this one looks like a final solution:
remove property 'height:16px;' from both '#menu1 dt a' and '#menu1 dd a'

then everything works ok. I have no idea why that height was there specified in the 1st place, you want the cells to be flexible, not rigid. I am no CSS master though, this could be just a bad hack and that's all it may be.

>>QC 2.2

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-06-11 10:06

beholder - many thx for suggestions. We will try to fix them in next release.

beholder

2007-07-25 03:26

Minor CSS bug

open the demo version in IE6.0 (SP2) and notice the following difference:
When you hover with mouse over vertical categories on the left (=menu1) and not neccessarily over their link text, the whole boxes reacto to the hovering mouse, they light up and are immediately clickable.
This is not so in the horizontal menu2 -- when you carefully move the mouse "over the box" of the link, the box doesn't light up and is not clickable. It lights up only when you hover over the text of the link.

Further research revealed, that this happens because of the damned height property set on the "#menu1 dt a". When it is fully set with a number (not 'auto'), as is in the demo version in the categories on the left, then the whole box reacts to mouse hovering over it. If it is not specified, only the text of the link lights up the box. If it is specified in the menu1, then however there is a problem with the CSS multiple-line left menu problem described above.

Opera doesn't show any of the behavior described in this post, the bug is IE6.0 exclusive. I didn't try Vista IE7, maybe later.

I don't know how to fix this, but then, I am no CSS expert. I am getting better though, partly thanks to the tweaks I do occassionally to quickcart. It's such a nice piece of software for me to devastate!! ;-)

QC 2.2

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-07-26 11:18

beholder - thx for report. We will think about it

about us | contact