Banded Couriers - I pay for help

stereoid

No avatar

2007-02-13 17:09

Banded Couriers v2.1 has this limitation:
-----------------------------
Warning: Banded Couriers is based on the principle of diminishing costs, ie. the larger the order the lower the courier charges. If you have courier charges that increase with order size this plugin WILL NOT WORK for you!

I need a plugin that have courier charges that INCREASE with order size!
Can anyone help? I will pay in any currency tjat Papal supports.

1. I need a Banded Couriers that can give me shipping costs that increase with order size.

Best regards,
Stig

» Quick.Cart v1.x

idaryl

2007-02-13 23:47

If you find someone that actually gets this to work for you - I will add $ to this project as well - We can split the costs - Soud reasonable??

stereoid

No avatar

2007-02-14 09:13

idaryl,

That sounds good!
I think this will be an easy task for an experienced programmer. As they already have the code from Banded Couriers.

Anyone? Paypal-Cash is king.

idaryl

2007-02-15 09:38

Maybe not :-(

Proxivire

No avatar

2007-02-15 14:05

Yo idaryl, seems my emails to you aren't getting through.
Got a different email address for me?

To the mods: sorry, but this was the only way for me to contact him.

On Topic: Why make shipping More when people order more? Isn't it usually done that when more is ordered, some of the shipping is eaten by the seller, to make it more interesting for people to buy?

-DmD-

stereoid

No avatar

2007-02-15 21:09

Proxivire,

I can't answer for idaryl, but here is why I need to make shipping more:

I wish to sell cheap products to Norway and norwegian customers (I live myself in Norway). The products are imported from outside Norway and delivered directly to the customer. The Customs in Norway accepts that all products which has a value below 24 euro can be delivered to norwegian customers for free! That means no tax, no duty fee, no VAT, no nothing!! So then I can sell this products with free shipping! But if a customer buys two or three products (total is more than 24 euro) then I need to have a shipping fee that is much higher (maybe 20-30 euro). That's my story - why I need the plugin.

Stig

idaryl

2007-02-16 00:47

My story is somewhat similar as I'm in the US and there are multiple shipping types/companies here...as a result they all charge differently - and... (this is the kicker) to ship to the other side of the US can get expensive.

EG if you have an item that weighs 12lbs and ship it to the oher side of the UD for $15.00 OK no problem,

....now the client orders 20 of those - thats 140lbs for $300.00 - thats a lot to "ship for free" if orders are over, say 3 - where does that money come from....?

Better to have the buyer pay for the shipping increase with the increase of orders, maybe that's the way some of the superstores do it.... but, who says I am a superstore? with lotsa "extra" cash to absorb the overhead based on bulk buying - which in my experience has only been between multiples of two to five items per customer.

If perchance you are selling items (a store owner that is) with that kind of overflow, you really should be looking into having your products handled by a fullfillment center (thats all they do) - btw these statements are only generalizations and not directed at anyone in particular (just to set the record straight) some people get all twisted over innocuos statements ;-)

Proxivire - I'll send another note

Proxivire

No avatar

2007-02-17 10:01

idaryl: haven't gotten anything yet

and I see then, that's alot of cash to send stuff :P

-DmD-

idaryl

2007-02-19 00:04

Any news on this??

stereoid

No avatar

2007-02-21 13:52

I've tried to contact Wizzud by e-mail - he who made the plugin, but no replies from him.
I guess Wizzud has abandoned the whole thing... probably yes.

So perhaps I also have to switch to Zen Cart - as other have done lately... From what I could read on their web-pages Zen support this kind of shipping.

about us | contact