Troubles with the attributes plugin

cody

No avatar

2007-02-05 22:37

I recently downloaded the Quick.Cart_v2.0_english.zip, installed it, and edited it and works great and looks great. I love the new one, but when I try install the new attributes plugin ive been having troubles, well i dont actually get the problems until i actually turn it on in the new plugin manger that installed. I get an No block: LIST_FOOTER in file: templates/orders_basket.tpl message at the top of my basket when a user tries to purchase an item, plus half the buttons are missing and now price or anything. If someone has any idea what is going on cause i dont ive tried reinstalling it numerous times.

» Quick.Cart v2.x

Proxivire

No avatar

2007-02-06 09:13

If you'd read the description of the plugins, you'd know that Plugin Manager v2.0 is for Quick.Cart versions in the 1.x series.

Same goes for the attributes plugin, they won't work on v2.0

Sadly, we're all waiting for these.

-DmD-

bambicomp

No avatar

2007-02-06 09:47

Ran into same trouble myself. Got the same error message. Anyone got any idea when this will be available for v2.0?

Or anyone got any suggestions on how you could give the customer a drop down link to select say a colour of a product which would be sent with the order info?

Sorry don't mean to hijack this topic. If it cant be done it can't be done.

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-02-06 10:44

We have payment alternative to productsAttributes named productsPack2. Here is this plugin:
http://opensolution.org/sklep/?p=productsMore&iProduct=61

Some info in english version:
Plugin will give You a possibility to add the old price of the product, which will be visible next to the new price.

Many sellers have products with different versions. For example if You sell t-shirts You have different sizes and colors of one t-shirt. You will be able to add attributes and Your customer will have to choose defined sizes, colors etc. You will have possibility to change product price if someone will choose more expensive color, size etc.

Another functionality is specification. You will be able to add some details in defined table.

Plugin give You possibility to define quantity of available products. Your customer will not be able to order more products then You defined. This plugin will not block/hidden product if customer will buy exactly the same quantity that You have defined.

If You are interested then contact us using contact form

Currency calculate:
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=PLN&to=EUR&submit=Convert

Proxivire

No avatar

2007-02-06 11:50

treewood:

Just out of curiousity, but, have people like Wizzud been forbidden or asked not to develop their plugins for version 2.0?
Just find it odd that we haven't heard Anything about plugins for v2.0 as of yet, you'd think there'd be some sort of "we're working on it" type of response...

Also, a tip: it would help (your business) tremendously if the info for these kinds of plugins, that look Very promising, would be available in English, since the vast majority of your "clients" speak the English language, and not Polish.
Also, pricing in US Dollars and Euros would be of great benefit, because I now have no idea how much this plugin might cost. ("The customer", not me specifically, should be able to have this info at a glance, and not have to try a badly functioning translator and currency convertor to find out what he wants to know.)

Don't take the above the wrong way, it's not an attack, just giving you a heads up for what might improve response to your products.

-DmD-

treewood (OpenSolution)

2007-02-06 12:58

Proxivire - no, me and claps asked wizzud (in december 2006) that he will do this attributes to 2.0. He answered us that he will do it but few weeks ago when i asked him about his plugins he dont answer. maybe he is out of home or something. if You dont believe me please contact him and ask. His site: www.wizzud.com.

Thanks for tips. Our offer is dedicated to polish peoples because our support is better in our native polish language. We sell QC.Standard in english version and this is our first step to open our selling QC products in english language. We are working on it and in future we will sell another more extended QC package with more plugins. For those who MUST have we translated our plugins description and give some info here if someone want.

About currency maybe it will help:
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=PLN&to=EUR&submit=Convert

Proxivire

No avatar

2007-02-06 17:16

Sure I believe you, I wasn't accusing you of anything, just wondering as I could see it being a "threat" to your future business ;)

That attributes plugin does look mighty nice though >)

I already calculated the cost, personally I find 33 euros for a plugin a little steep, but maybe that's just me, but I'm not here to nag about that, if I need it I'll get it, for now we're fine with v1.4.

As usual, thanks for the work you're doing :)

-DmD-

Cryptix

2007-02-06 22:51

Shakespeare's gotta get paid ;)

idaryl

2007-02-07 07:48

Dang! whatsis! Spitfire!! this is very, very annoying -- I created a Currency converter for the boys here and for anyone to use -- http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=3453

I also went to a lot of effort to generate this too -- http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/forum/?p=readTopic&nr=3636

BOTH of these answer a LOT of questions asked here OVER AND OVER, but for some reason these (as with many posts) are largely ignored - what gives??

idaryl

2007-02-07 07:55

Also... as far as the comment about "our support is better in our native polish " is concerned.. I've offered on numerous occasions to generate an "English" version for al of us non-polish speakers.... but.... a polite we think about it......

How many polite we think about its can be absorbed? Don't get me wrong!!! I'm not mad or angry, just frustrated as I can see a lot of benefit for not only users out here for an english version (but for the polish guys too - $$$ - however,.............?)

Why drag your feet if there's a ready made market, and people willing to cooperate? Of what reasonable pyrpose is there to this?

Proxivire

No avatar

2007-02-07 23:38

idaryl:

I think it's cuz people usually don't use search, especially not for things they don't expect to be there, like that currency converter. Also a little known fact, google will convert anything you give it, to anything, just do 10 USD to Euro and it'll tell you how much it is. Does so for any currency to any currency as far as I know.

Paypal looks nice though :)
Too bad it's barely used here in the NL, for real shops anyway. :/

-DmD-

about us | contact