Quick.Cart v2.0 - STABLE version - released!

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-27 09:00

New Quick.Cart v2.0 stable!

You can get this version from download here:
http://opensolution.org/download/

You can test this version here:
http://opensolution.org/Quick.Cart/demo/

Changes in v2.0 are here:
http://opensolution.org/download/Quick.Cart/changeLog.txt

HOW TO UPDATE!
We have script to update only DATABASE from old to new version:
1. If You want update from QC 0.3.1 to 2.0 You need to update first to 1.0 and after to 2.0. Search forum to find solution how to update to 1.0 version and after come back to this topic.
2. If You want update from QC 1.x to 2.0 then go to http://opensolution.org/download/?sDir=Quick.Cart/other and download file ''converter_v1.x-v2.x.zip''. You can check new database schema and compare with old database schema.

In QC 2.0 we change all HTML and CSS. If You want update design You need to import Your design manually. There is NO AUTOMATIC UPDATE to this.

PLUGINS!
In this moment we have updated our freeware plugins to QC 2.0:
- sendOrderToClient
- lastProduct
- randomProduct
- productsInRow
For other plugins we must wait for developers Wizzud and Claps.

HOW TO ADD MORE LANGUAGES!
We will write about it soon. Now we have no time to do this. We will create instruction and add topic about this soon (maybe 1-2 weeks).

warr

No avatar

2006-11-27 13:46

Sounds good! But I just finished installing AND modifying my site on v1.4 heh heh... so I have a question:

Do I need to re-enter all my products, descriptions, price and so on? I know I will lose all my modifications and design changes, but do I have to re-do all the products? If YES, then I will wait until the v2.0.LOADED is available. :D

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-11-27 14:46

warr - converter is for database and database = products description, prices, order etc. use "converter_v1.x-v2.x.zip"

alpa24

No avatar

2006-11-27 15:42

CLaps - Will it take time to release loaded version ?

warr

No avatar

2006-11-27 15:49

three cheers for converters! :D

I decided to wait for the LOADED version... i think i will die if I have to do all the plugins myself... heh heh... Will hold off putting in the Newsletter and stuff i guess... :)

gnagis

No avatar

2006-11-27 16:53

i need the atribute plugin.. wont upgrade untill that is fixed ;)

All your base are belong to us!

albert1

No avatar

2006-11-27 18:05

Hi

Just like to say a big thank you for all the hard work that you have done and put in.
Great script.

Will need to update from 1.4 loaded to 2.0 this will be fun :)

Albert

warr

No avatar

2006-11-28 14:27

OK, tried the upgrade, converter works fine... :) now waiting for the plugins to be updated so I can update my site...

5py

No avatar

2006-11-28 20:14

Thanks again for sharing a great code !

Question:
If u have some time can u point out the bugfixes?
I don't feel to abandon my heavily customized 1.4 yet,
but if there are some errors i would like to know about it.

Ned

No avatar

2006-11-29 10:07

Yes well done everyone, its really enhanced the program.

nam

2006-12-07 19:05

Claps - are you working on the 'Loaded' version for v2.0? If so, what's the timescale?

do, or do not - there is no try (Yoda)

trex

No avatar

2006-12-08 10:21

Help - how to modify the language? You said:

HOW TO ADD MORE LANGUAGES!
We will write about it soon. Now we have no time to do this. We will create instruction and add topic about this soon (maybe 1-2 weeks).

Well I hope now is the time ro reveal the secret to a newbie :)

JamieF

No avatar

2006-12-12 11:01

I created a spanish version with the following method.

I downloaded a previous version of the spanish translation.
I opened the new version in english, and the old in spanish
I went through the two files block by block and copied and pasted any new entries in the english (V2) file into the old spanish file, (didnt bother deleting obsolete lines - why bother?)

I made personal translations for any new lines of code I found in the new version, directly in the updated spanish file.

I saved the spanish file. When I couldnt get the spanish file to run, I do a simple workaround.
Left my web in english, changed my newly created spanish file to english name, so I now have a spanish translation running under the admin as an english website.

Hope that helps.

about us | contact