Invisible contents

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-04 09:50

It might be a good idea to make possible that content pages, which have been set to "invisible" (*) might be displayed as the startup page - which is not working at the moment in v1.2 (I've tried this, but QC just displayed the contact page instead of the referred invisible content page). This would be a solution for the users who would like to have a special welcome page instead of the product or contact page.

(*) This shall take care that the page cannot be accessed via the menu...

Thomas

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-10 10:18

Ups - no follow-ups - no ideas outside...?

Till

No avatar

2006-03-10 11:00

Hi thomas,

if I understand you right, this would be my solution:

1. Set your content page to "visible". You will see the menu item. Let's say the button is called "Home".

2. Open "templates/contents_menu.tpl".

3. Change line 5 from: "
<li><a href="?p=p_$aList[iCategory]&amp;sName=$aList[sName]">& #36;aList[sName]</a></li>

to:

<li class="$aList[sName]"><a href="?p=p_$aList[iCategory]&amp;sName=$aList[sName]">& #36;aList[sName]</a></li>

This will generate list type content buttons each of which has its own CSS class name. So your entry page button will have the CSS class name "Home".

4. Open "default.css".

5. Add to the very bottom the line: "li.Home{display:none;}"

Now your entry page will be shown as soon as your site is called by the visitor. But its own menu button ("Home") has disappeared.

Will this help?

Till

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-10 22:01

Ahh - that sound pretty good, Till - this will help for the beginning.

To clarify - it is necessary to declare this particular "home"-page as the startup-page via the conf-menu, isn't it?

And - will this affect (the invisible menu entry) all content pages or only thsi particular "home"-page?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-10 22:04

Additional to mention - surely one can be helped by individual code changes, but it is not first choice for a project with frequent updates - because after the next update all individual work has vanished...

Thomas

Till

No avatar

2006-03-10 22:56

quote:
To clarify - it is necessary to declare this particular "home"-page as the startup-page via the conf-menu, isn't it?

And - will this affect (the invisible menu entry) all content pages or only thsi particular "home"-page?
------------------
This particular "Home" page is the startup-page via the conf-menu. However, you can call it as you like. If you do the changes and observe the resulting source code, you will see, that each single list item will have its own particular CSS class definition. For example:
<li class="Home"><a href="?p=p_1&amp;sName=Home">Home</a></li>
<li class="Contact"><a href="?p=p_1&amp;sName=Contact">Contact</a></li> ...............

That means, you can handle each list item individually without affecting the others.

Quote:
but it is not first choice for a project with frequent updates - because after the next update all individual work has vanished...
------------------------------------
That is right. Usually I store somes notices together with the scripts, which tell me the changes I made.

Till

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-15 11:49

Till, I tried to add your code changes today - unfortunately it didn't work. Whenn activating the changes, all my additional content pages (I have four!) which shall be remain in the menu bar are changing their link into

& #36;aList[sName]

which makes them not pretty identifiable anymore...

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Thomas

Till

No avatar

2006-03-15 12:25

Ah ja, sorry,

I did not see that. The forum programm changed my input by saving. I try it once more to copy it in.

<li class="$aList[sName]"><a href="?p=p_$aList[iCategory]&amp;sName=$aList[sName]">& #36;aList[sName]</a></li>

At the end it has to say ......$aList[sName]<......

instaed of ....& #36;aList[sName]<.......

I hope it did it now.

Till

Till

No avatar

2006-03-15 12:28

Nope,

in the code it changed it again. I don't know, how to add code into this forum. Must be a bug. Look at the bottom eplanation. There it is right.

Till

treewood (OpenSolution)

2006-03-15 12:34

Till - You inserted html to php code

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-15 18:59

I'll try to quote:

<PRE>
&lt;li class="$aList[sName]">&lt;a href="?p=p_$aList[iCategory]&amp;sName=$aList[sName]">a List[sName]&lt;/a>&lt;/li
</PRE>

Is this correct now?

Thomas

thomas.slowhand

No avatar

2006-03-15 19:01

I've inserted the PRE in hope to maintain the original input...

Thomas

Till

No avatar

2006-03-16 12:12

Hi Thomas,

send me an Email (the address you will find in the link at the bottom) and I'll send you the code. This forum does not seem to support bbcode, so it will change special html characters to their htmlentities. I don't know how to suppress this on this forum ( it is nowhere explained).

Till

Till

about us | contact